Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Action Bass Junior

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrDuncan, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I tried a Cort Action Bass Junior yesterday and to my surprise it was actually quite the find. I liked the short scale (30 inch) and the walnut body finish was immaculate. It had a mini soap bar pick up and sounded amazing. The price of $275 Canadian was also very appealing.

Right now I am looking for pros and cons from any one who has bought/tried this bass and from anyone who has used a short scale bass.

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Nov 25, 2006
    Hey,

Was searching for info on the Cort Action Bass Junior & came across this thread. Thought I might aswell resurrect it instead of creating a new one.

I'm looking to get my first bass guitar for recording soulful kinda stuff such as J-Dilla, Maxwell, Erykah Badu, etc...

I've had a look at alot of short scale basses, but most of the ones I like dont' seem to be available in the UK, such as the SX range..!

I really like the look of the Cort Action Bass Junior with the walnut finish & think the size & weight is perfect, as I'm quite slim & have a bad back.. The price seems to be really good aswell.

Anyway, haven't been able to find any audo/video clips of this model, so was wondering if anyone who has it can provide any, or even just describe the sound, aswell as any other usefull info?

Thanks!

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Hmm. Didn't look very hard now did ya?

4. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Nov 25, 2006
    Thanks for looking, but I think the James Brown video is with the 'Standard' model, not the 'Junior, Shortscale'.. For all I know, they could sound the same, but I doubt it!

The Joy Division vid sounds more like a normal guitar, than bass..

5. subscribe

6. Yep. That's the Peter Hook sound.

7. Nisser

Nisser

Sep 4, 2007
    Have had one for a few years now and love it. Am running it into an Ashdown ABM500 and Ashdown 4x10...

8. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Hey, I like mine so much I'd like to find a hard case that fits it - any ideas?

9. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
  10. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I had a Cort and sold it, sorry I did.
    Anyone else wanna share about their Cort bass?
    BTW Nice to hear a bass demo played straight....

11. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Mine's my regular "couch bass" - I usually take my Landing "P" bass to rehearsals and gigs.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  12. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Ahhhhh. Thank you.