Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Artisan A4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ocelot_ark, Nov 16, 2002.

1. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey everyone,

(I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, so feel free to move it)
    I've had my Artisan for about 6 months now and there is something that I still haven't been able to figure out. This is an active/passive bass...I think ;-) What I can't figure out is how to turn off the active preamp after a gig/practice. I know I've gone through atleast 5 9volts in the time I've had it. From what I've read you shouldn't have to replace you battery but once every 6 months, or even longer. ANy ideas for an uninformed soul? I'm sure it's something stupid that I've overlooked, but I just need some help!!!

Thanks!

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Any push-pull knobs on that thing? Switches?

Someone here should know. I only play passives but thought I would give it a shot anyway. :)

Dan

3. Dave Morgan

Dave Morgan

Jul 1, 2000
    At lot of these turn on when a cable is plugged in. Only idea I had. I play only passives.

4. awesome

awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    Belgium
    You shouldn't leave the cable plugged in, or if it's not that, it could be bad batteries (I had this once with a bunch of batteries, they only lasted for about a week)

5. hibeam

hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    USA
    I don't know if you do this or not, but you should unplug the cord from your bass when you are not playing it. A lot of times, the on/off switch for the preamp is in the jack, so leaving it in will drain the battery even if it is not being played.

6. ocelot_ark

ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    AHH...that must be it. I regularly leave the cord plugged in! Thanks a ton guys, you've been lots of help!