Cort Artisan A4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ocelot_ark, Nov 16, 2002.

1. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey everyone,

(I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, so feel free to move it)
    I've had my Artisan for about 6 months now and there is something that I still haven't been able to figure out. This is an active/passive bass...I think ;-) What I can't figure out is how to turn off the active preamp after a gig/practice. I know I've gone through atleast 5 9volts in the time I've had it. From what I've read you shouldn't have to replace you battery but once every 6 months, or even longer. ANy ideas for an uninformed soul? I'm sure it's something stupid that I've overlooked, but I just need some help!!!

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Any push-pull knobs on that thing? Switches?

Someone here should know. I only play passives but thought I would give it a shot anyway. :)

3. Dave Morgan

Dave Morgan

Jul 1, 2000
    At lot of these turn on when a cable is plugged in. Only idea I had. I play only passives.
  4. awesome

Aug 14, 2002
    You shouldn't leave the cable plugged in, or if it's not that, it could be bad batteries (I had this once with a bunch of batteries, they only lasted for about a week)
  5. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    I don't know if you do this or not, but you should unplug the cord from your bass when you are not playing it. A lot of times, the on/off switch for the preamp is in the jack, so leaving it in will drain the battery even if it is not being played.
  6. ocelot_ark

Apr 12, 2002
    AHH...that must be it. I regularly leave the cord plugged in! Thanks a ton guys, you've been lots of help!