1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort Artisan A5 ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FretGrinder, Jan 13, 2002.

1. I'm probbly getting a Cort Artisan A5 in the next fortnight to replace my stolen Rickenbacker. Made in Korea 5-er, neck-thru swamp ash w/bartolini mk1 pups and a bart-designed preamp. Any opinions on these? RRP $995 US, i'm getting it for Aus$1440 with case.

I like it, but have only played it in the shop, and not through my amp .... i hate playing while the guys in Fender shirts play van halen licks and snigger in the background ...

PS Opinions on the low B most welcome as this will be my first 5-er and i am not too well-researched in 5 strings ..

2. (bounce)

Anyone? I know there are some opinions out there...

3. Ahhh, I happen to own one and must say it's an extremely versitile bass. Very playable.
    The low B is very good, and the fortress bridge when properly set up helps create sweet harmonics, lots of sustain.

4. I also own a artisan bolt-on which is great, the neck thru has even better sustain and balance.

5. thanks jordan, It's comforting to hear a positive appraisal of the B string. Tomorrow i think I'll pick one up ... mmmm

6. Got it. Artisan A5 with natural finish / neck-through / bartolini electronics. Haven't run it through my Big Rig yet, but I'll post a review once i do. So far - i like. Got it for Au$1500 with flight case + extras.

Just gotta get used to 5 strings by thursday ... got a gig ... :