Cort Artisan A6 inquiry and probable better options

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tapiwa Shoko, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Tapiwa Shoko

Tapiwa Shoko

Jul 13, 2017
    hey guys, i have a bit of a query with my Cort A6, when i fisrt got it, the website states that it has an active and passive switch which turns on and turns off the electronics. i decided to remove the battery and see if this theory was true and to my disappointment, the bass didn,t cry. I then assumed that the battery was aimed at completing the circuit and put in a dead one and it still didn't cry when it was in passive mode. so my question is, i Cort lie about the active/passive switch setting. Also,are there any other options that i can attempt besides my Cort A6 that are as equally good.

Attached Files:

2. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Does it have a pull pot, to activate the passive mode? Try gently pulling up on the pots one by one...

3. Steve-Mo

Steve-Mo Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Western NY
    Misleading advertising. The switch is killing the EQ, not bypassing the preamp entirely.

Gorgeous bass!

4. Tapiwa Shoko

Tapiwa Shoko

Jul 13, 2017
    i just did, it doesn't, just that active and passive switch

5. Steve-Mo

Oct 25, 2010
    Western NY
  6. Tapiwa Shoko

Tapiwa Shoko

Jul 13, 2017
    thanks a lot hey, but looking for a possible rival to it that i can attempt, any options?

7. Steve-Mo

Oct 25, 2010
    Western NY
    Just the link I threw above. Someone else may be able to chime in with further solutions, but they will require much modification to retain volume/balance controls.

Of course, keeping those controls are why you still need a battery with your current setup.

Personally, I tell everyone that will listen to upgrade to Audere. With the Pro-Z, your switch can have real, useful tonal uses. I know you're not soliciting this advice and you'd still need a battery.

8. Tapiwa Shoko

Tapiwa Shoko

Jul 13, 2017
    THANKS STEVE, you really helped me out

Steve-Mo likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021