Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Artisan B4FL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FatStrings, Dec 23, 2001.

1. FatStrings

FatStrings

Nov 16, 2001
    Southern NH
    Hi all, I just got one of these beauties. It's my first fretless, I'm amazed at how easy it is to play.
    The neck feels just like an early 90's Soundgear I used to have.

Does anyone know what material the neck is made from?
    Cort.com says it's "Wenge". I did several searches and couldn't find any info.

The back of the neck looks like wood, but if you look really close (I used a 5x jewelers lupe) you can see a weave pattern in the grain. And it came with one of those "CE" stickers on the back of the Headstock. It's definately a man made material.

Anyway, I really like this bass. The Bartolini MK1 pickups sound great,the fire glow sunburst over swamp ash looks awesome, and the price couldn't have been better ($499).
    Any info appreciated, Thanks
    FatStrings

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Wenge is wood, very dark and dense. That bass is one of the best deals going in fretlesses.

3. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    well most electronic appliance i.e discman radio have the "CE" on the back of the cover it stands for Cort Electronics.

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    CE does NOT stand for CORT ELECTRONICS...

eek...it is the euro version of UL.

The CE (Conformité Européenne) Marking is required to be displayed on regulated products placed for sale on the European market. It indicates that a product complies with applicable European Directives, which are European related to health, safety, environment and consumer protection. Because the CE Marking identifies products that meet a common set of criteria established and adopted by the 18 member countries of the European Economic Area (EEA), the CE Marking on your products will permit them to move freely in commerce throughout the European market.

fred

5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    by the way....i had my eye on one of these at a local MARS MUSIC...

kind of let it slide...i should go in there tomorrow and see if its still there.

LOVELY bass!!!!!!!!!!

i'd SH*T can my FENDER for one!!! god i hate this MIM jazz...what a mistake!

i think i may just give it away!

fred

6. FatStrings

FatStrings

Nov 16, 2001
    Southern NH
    Thanks for the info.
    I was pretty sure CE didn't mean
    anything about Cort, i've seen it on several different
    products.But I never would have guessed that.

And yes it is a lovely bass, but they're disappearing fast. There were two in Mars when I bought it, the next day the last one was gone.

It came with round wounds that started to mark the fingerboard so I changed to La Bella Deep Talkin' Bass flat wound strings; very smooth, nice sound.