1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort Artisan NA6 , need advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tightanic, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Hi,
    today i drove to the very only music store with serious basses. Well, at least there are a few.
    I was about to buy a six string, so the only possibilities (regarding money and like) were the Cort Artisan NA6 (natural high gloss finish) and a cort Artisan A6 (natural no gloss finish). But to cut a long story short: How do you compare these basses to, for example the Toby Pro6, Yamaha trb6 or other 6ers, and of course these two among each other ?

The point is, that i liked it very much, first, but then my muddiness-paranoia (i play ergodyne!!!) came into play (are these bartollinis REAL bartollinis !???). Now I'm not shure what to do, because every trip to the shop will cost me 2 hours of driving an a driver with blank nerves because of the waiting.

Thanks !
    Johannes

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Those are real bartolini´s.
    There are no Cheap "Select By Emg" kind of barts.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I had an Artisan 6 and it had Mighty Mite p/u's.

4. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    yes, but there are two artisan 6 basses (i know, my thread was a bit confusing), the

NA 6 (high gloss finish, bartollinis, larger body)
    A6 (THE artisan, mighty mite PUs, no gloss at all).

You see, i just need opinions and expiriences about the sound, and wether it cuts thru or not (live,studio, etc.). I`m asking this because this bass would eat up all the money i could spend on an instrument right now !

Johannes

5. I am looking at an Artisan ( I think) 5 with the Mighty mite pickups.. How does this compare to the ones with the Barts? What i am looking at looks Identicle to the Action Bass except it has Active electronics.. Looks like the Artisan C-5 on there site.

6. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    i have a cort new artisan 6 string with the barts. i love this bass alot i made a review on it at harmony central if that helps.