Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Artisan NA6 , need advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tightanic, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Hi,
    today i drove to the very only music store with serious basses. Well, at least there are a few.
    I was about to buy a six string, so the only possibilities (regarding money and like) were the Cort Artisan NA6 (natural high gloss finish) and a cort Artisan A6 (natural no gloss finish). But to cut a long story short: How do you compare these basses to, for example the Toby Pro6, Yamaha trb6 or other 6ers, and of course these two among each other ?

The point is, that i liked it very much, first, but then my muddiness-paranoia (i play ergodyne!!!) came into play (are these bartollinis REAL bartollinis !???). Now I'm not shure what to do, because every trip to the shop will cost me 2 hours of driving an a driver with blank nerves because of the waiting.

Thanks !
    Johannes

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Those are real bartoliniĀ“s.
    There are no Cheap "Select By Emg" kind of barts.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I had an Artisan 6 and it had Mighty Mite p/u's.

4. Tightanic

Tightanic Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    yes, but there are two artisan 6 basses (i know, my thread was a bit confusing), the

NA 6 (high gloss finish, bartollinis, larger body)
    A6 (THE artisan, mighty mite PUs, no gloss at all).

You see, i just need opinions and expiriences about the sound, and wether it cuts thru or not (live,studio, etc.). I`m asking this because this bass would eat up all the money i could spend on an instrument right now !

Johannes

5. I am looking at an Artisan ( I think) 5 with the Mighty mite pickups.. How does this compare to the ones with the Barts? What i am looking at looks Identicle to the Action Bass except it has Active electronics.. Looks like the Artisan C-5 on there site.

6. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    i have a cort new artisan 6 string with the barts. i love this bass alot i made a review on it at harmony central if that helps.