Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort B series basses???????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Jan 2, 2006.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
  2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
  3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    anyone here ever play one???

4. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    My local GC has them but its fretted...I love the bass and play one everytime i'm in there....good wood pups....tuners how can you go wrong...also very light...GG was asking 519.00 got then down to 475.00 with no case...i thought i could do better and moved on...great bass thou.

5. I've been playing a cort B5 for about 2-3 years now. PM and i can tell you more, I don't have time at the moment.

-Dan

6. We have one of the B4's at the guitar shop where I work, and I'm constantly amazed that it's stayed on the wall for as long as it has. It's a great bass. I was eyeing it for a while, but I finally just decided that I'm more of a vintage-style guy and that it wasn't for me. I do like it a lot, though.

7. I've been playing my artisan b4, *b4 is the model*, and she is a beast, but I have not had the chanch to find out if she has the sustain power yet or not.

8. I just recently bought a Cort Artisan B4 fretted bass and i love it. The different types of tones that you can get from it are insane. I can get a punchy cold type of tone and with just a few changes to the eq on the bass and i can get a warm smooth tone. I posted a thread about this bass before i bought it and got a lot of possitive feedback. I havent heard a bad comment about cort yet. for the money, i dont know of to many other basses that can beat the artisan B4.

9. Ahmen Brotha! I could'nt have said this any better. But I need a betetr amp then a 10 watt practice amp to gett he warm tone though.

Get the a b or c series cort basses and you will be a happy Camper I will GARINTEE IT.

10. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    I have had a B4fl for a few years. I gig with it and it always sounds great. The Bartolini MK1 pickup/pre is amazing, very full and solid.

11. 79PBass

79PBass

Mar 7, 2005
    B4 fretless is an amazing bass for the money.

I bought the fretless first, then was so impressed that I bought another fretted B4 too, gigged them a couple times.

great great sound, looks quite good too

12. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Ok, well what about this. My "bread and butter" is a active Warwick Corvette w/ Aero type 1 pups. Oh, and she's a 4 banger ;) The two tones won't be two totally drastic will they?? Different is good, but polar opposite is not good. I should be able to eq it to achieve what I need, no????

13. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I must admit; I’ve never thought much of Cort guitars/basses. But lately there has been such a buzz going on about Cort (this thread included) I thought I’d look into them. Wow, quite impressive. The B5 has caught my eye and I was wondering about string spacing. The Cort A and B series looks like a contemporary of the Ibanez SR505BM (lam neck, mahogany body, Bart pickups, etc.). Now I’ve tried the Ibanez SR505 and the SR905 and I think they are pretty kick-butt basses at a pretty decent price. But even the higher end SR basses tend to be a bit too snug for my tastes. How does the string spacing of the Cort A and B series basses compare to the mid and high-end Ibanez SR series?

Thanks,
    r

14. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    And while we're at it, anyone check out that Josh Paul Bass?

r