Cort bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassSeven, Jul 18, 2002.

1. I was at a music store near my house and they sell a line of cort basses. I have no idea what cort is like with basses, i've never heard anybody talk about them or anything, does anybody knnow about the quality (or lack thereof)?
  2. Here's their site. Cort

They are Korean, and seem to make decent stuff. They have a model jointly developed and marketed with Greg Curbow, who is a fine American luthier.
  3. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    the cort curbows are good but i dont know about their other stuff
  4. They make/made a great fretless model called the B4FL and they make a Billy Cox signature model that looks interesting (I've never seen one in person).
  5. stefeb

Jun 9, 2002
    Bethlehem, PA
    I recently purchased a Cort Curbow five string fretless directly from Curbow. Had them put in Bartolini pups, and I love the bass.

Mind you, I'm just a novice, but I love the sound. I have a Fender Jazz as well, and find myself playing the Cort Curbow more than the Fender (the Fender is fretted).
  6. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I was recently in a concert of an excellent bass player/composer Pekka Pohjola and he played what seemed to be a Cort, looked like the Artisan series. Do I need to say it sounded great? The only Cort I've tried was a Curbow-model and I didn't personally like it at all.
  7. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    The Cort GB24 is my first and only bass at the moment. It does it's job.

This music store doesn't happen to be All Thats Music is it?
  8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I remember in the 80s when Cort was synonomous with crap. They created a bunch of copycat basses (they even had a headless - it was clunky as hell) and really weren't that highly thought of.

They appear to have come a long way. I've played the Cort Curbow and, for the price, it's a pretty solid piece of work. It's nice to see companies make strides like they have - means they actually give a rip.