Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Basses, Curbow or Artisan?? (6 String)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Aug 18, 2000.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Im in the need of information about these basses, Which one would be the best buy.
    Which plays better? Wich sounds better?
    My main style is Progressive Metal... so low action is a MUST.
    Also I like slapping a lot. In fact I do it always.

What if I put some bartolini's in the Curbow?

As I cannot test those myself, I need every input about these.
    Any help will be greatly apreciated.

[Edited by lfabara on 08-18-2000 at 08:48 PM]

2. I wouldn't know "progressive metal" if it bit me in the butt but the Curbow models have (at least mine did) and EXTREMELY fast neck - very thin with low action. That's the good news. The bad news is that it has a 2 piece neck with the headstock being the second piece. Though it played great, I was always leary of the neck possibly breaking. If you treat it poorly, I'm sure it would.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That joint, a scarf joint, is supposed to be stronger than a continuous piece of wood.

I had a Washburn six with the same joint. It seperated at the start of the first gig I took it on. I'm leary.

I don't play Metal but I prefer the Artisan. You may not need the pickups changed, the stock ones aren't bad. YMMV

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I just lost the auction on the Artisan A6 Bass, so... Im going for the Curbow 6 with Active Bartolini Preamp/Pickups.. In Blue!!!
    Comments!!!
    Anyone wanting to sell a bass??

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I agree with Brad re: the Artisan 6. The Mighty Mite pickups are pretty good and the neck-through is quite nice, lots of sustain, great action. I also prefer the larger body profile on the Arisan. Good bass for the money.