cort basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Robbie Butler, Nov 24, 2003.

1. cort basses ( )

what you guys/ladies think of them??

persoanly i think they're overpriced for what they actualy are.. any other views or any one here who acutualy owns one
  2. Wow. Overpriced for what they are is a statment I don't see often(if at all) when it comes to Cort basses. Mind you I have one so I'm a bit partial, but I couldn't find a better built bass for the same money. Fit/finish is great and a year of banging around on it(though I have been playing my other basses more lately) the thing looks as good as new. Absolutely zero issues with build quality. My only complaint would be that the Mighty Mite pups aren't the best. They are a bit muddy.

Mind if I ask what led you to think of them as overpriced?

3. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i was just on the cort forum a few minutes ago and was reading how corts korean made guitars and basses are made in the same factory as fender and lakland and a ton of others. i am actually having a problem with my cort curbow right now. the truss rod broke and the fretboard is coming unglued. it served me great for three years for $300. hopefully the guys on the cort forum will help me get past this problem. so, it wasnt overpriced, it was great for the time it lasted, its just broke now :bawl:
  4. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I don't like Corts at all. I played the Action 4 and 5's (absolutely horrible, IMO) and a brown fretless (don't know the model name, but I think it was around $800 Canadian, and I wasn't too impressed with it). Neither really appealed to me. But OTOH I'm absolutely obsessed with my Ibanez BTB405, and it's my benchmark of a great bass (don't laugh, it's one of the most expensive basses I've ever played:rolleyes: ).

Are you looking into getting one? (I'm assuming you're not because of your "overpriced" comment):confused:
  5. Slavaf has a point about the action series- a check of threads here at TB gves a pretty poor assessment of those models. I can't comment on 'em. I've never played one.

The Cort I own(GB44) and the ones I've played(Cort Curbow 4, I think) are a couple of notches better than the action series judging by the reviews and opinions found here and on the web.

Considering that they(Cort) build dang near every 'brand name' guitar out there(Samick builds a bunch of guitars for the brand names, too, as well as a third Korean company whose name escapes me) speaks volumes about there build quality. What's that saying- a thousand sheep can't be wrong?

Hey Robbie- c'mon back to your thread and throw your .02 in. What models are you looking at?
  6. what lead me to say over priced ?

well that was looking at the website i haven't actualyed played it. that veiw was just from looking at the website!
  7. notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    the website is the list prices. you can drop about $400 off of some of those prices.
  8. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I don't like the Cort Curbow series... totally lack of tone.. but that's only me.

What I do like is the Cort Artisan series... I almost bought the fretless five string, natural look. It has active/passive switchable Bartolini's and sounds really great. And also looks great, no flaw on the neck or body AT ALL.
  9. Hey!
    What do you guys think of the Cort TM Stevens FunkMachine2 ?? Here are the specs:
    Hard maple neck
    Basswood body
    Bartolini MK1 pickups & MK1 EQ
    Built-in Funk-Wah circutry
    Fortress bridge
    US $995.00

Somebody who played it?

Cheers Stefan! :bassist:
  10. Ilovepink

Ilovepink Banned

Nov 17, 2003
    I have two. They are total workhorses. The best $300.00 bass out there IMHO.
  11. sunburstbasser

Oct 18, 2003
    I've got both a GB25 and the discontinued S400 stratocaster knock-off. Awesome instruments for the price, I'd rate them above Ibanez dollar for dollar. The Actions aren't great, but the Curbows really are nice, as well as the higher GB models (wish I had one!).