1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cort Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassbully43, Oct 31, 2005.

1. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Hey guys have a question. Went to GC last week to kill some time and had seen GC is carring Cort basses now. I have tryed the Curbow and they are alright...but ....i tryed one that is called a B4 natural swamp ash not finished. Wenge maple 4 piece neck Bart MK1 pups and Bart MK1 eq..hipshot tuners and a EB12 bridge also had a active passive bypass switch. This bass is small and tight like a curbow and sings like butter and slaps like a tiger...although im not much of a slapper i sounded real good on this one :p what do you guys think of this bass...if you have seen one. They have quailty parts and look and play real good. The price was $519.00 and i got the salesdude to come down to 475.00 :eyebrow: I am/was real trempted to put it in layaway...like i need another bass.So Cort Good ...bad?

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Cort's recent offerings are pretty sweet. I have an older stingray copy that was pretty cheap (probably more like $300 new). It's got good fretwork and a straight neck, though, so I give Cort a thumbs up. I really like how their working with respected luthiers on many of their new basses.