Cort basses ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Godcreep, May 1, 2002.

1. Hi guys ... I just wanted to know your opinion about the Cort basses ...

Keep rockin' that 4-string thing ...
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Which model are you thinking of ? I tried a 7-string Groove Tools (by Conklin) a few weeks ago, sounded and played great.

But I'm not sure that's the model you are thinking of... ;)

All the best,
  3. I don't really know any Cort models .. I was in my music shop yesterday and saw some Cort basses ...
    I'm just curious how they're doing at the current bass market ... ;)
  4. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    If you go HERE and tell us which model you think you saw, we could probably give you a better answer.

For the most part though, the Cort's I've played have been fine instruments. The only drawback is the Mighty Mite pickups IMO. They do the job well, but after playing a model with Bartolinis in it, there just isn't a comparison.

Good for the money though, especially the Cort Curbows.

5. If I had an extra $400 right now, I would probably buy one of the Cort Curbow basses with the Bartolinis in it. I played one at Mars through one of the professional series Warwick heads and an $850 Ampeg cabinet and it sounded awesome. I know a good deal of that is because of the rig, BUT the Cort sounded just as good as the Warwick Streamer Standard l I played through it, and the MIA Jazz Bass w/noiseless pickups. AND it sounded way better than the Modulus I played, all through the same rig. Not to mention the Cort is $400 and the others were $1200 apiece. I don't know about the other Corts, though.
  6. I've bought the Cort Artisan B5 about 2 years ago... It's a nice bass, with a warm, kinda Fuzzy sound (In dutch I would call it "Wollig").... It's a great bass...
  7. Hey All

Over here in Australia prices are pretty steep on all guitars in general, especially Basses.

So when i saw the Cort GB44 for A$500, i thought "Hey, thats allright!" (let me put things in perspective, MIM Fenders are about A$1300 here!)
    :( But Any Way, i was just wondering if u guy's would think that it was a good deal. The link to the bass is just below.

Cort GB44

8. Saibuster

Jan 26, 2002
    at music messe 2002 i saw TM Stevens play the
    "Funk Machine TM Signature " , it sounded amazing and had an on board envelope filter wich was very nice.
    I think its a very nice bass for its price.
  9. Cort45

Mar 1, 2002
    US, TX, Austin
    i play a cort curbow 4 string i think its pretty sweet. the body can be difficult to sit with but it has good tone and everything and its very light.
  10. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've played a Cort Artisan (I think) sixer a few times. It's a neck-thru with Bart MK1 pickups and it seemed pretty nice. The sound didn't just reach out and grab me, but it seemed well made and playable. These are a bit more expensive than the one you're looking at, but that one looks pretty cool. I guess the answer is to play it and see if you like the sound and feel. I think they have a good warranty in case the thing suddenly falls apart or something (doesn't seem too likely...).