1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort C4H Bass Fret Noise Issue...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Arnaud Malan, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Arnaud Malan

Arnaud Malan

Nov 7, 2018
    Hi Folks!

I have an issue with my Cort C4H 4-string bass guitar which I can't seem to find a solution to: when I fret roughly from the 5th fret (mainly on my low E string) upwards, I get this strange, muted, almost buzzing sound... It's not like normal fretbuzz which has a sharper sound, it's very dull. And what drives me up the walls is that it kills my sustain.

I know the symptoms suggest fretbuzz, but I have taken it in to my local luthier, and he has given it a good setup, even reseated the neck, but it still hasn't resolved the issue.

I had no such issues until the day that I changed my strings... This may give a clue as to what caused it. I changed from round strings to flatwounds too, if that helps at all.

If anyone could give me advice on what it is likely to be, I would highly appreciate it. If it does sound like a fretbuzz issue to you, what would you suggest to remedy it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers, Arnaud

2. Copperhead

Copperhead Still creakin' around. Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Tennessee
    I really think you may have answered your own question, Arnaud. Our basses being the finicky individual beasts that they are, sometimes they don't "like" a certain set of strings. I have had this experience more than once.
    I had that experience lately with a set of Roto 77 flats.

They were awful on one bass, great on another.

Arnaud Malan likes this.
  3. Arnaud Malan

Arnaud Malan

Nov 7, 2018
    OK, thanks for that, it seems that it may well be the problem... I'll change them. #Addbassstringstobuylist