Cort Curbow 4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by clef360, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Cort Curbow 4

I got this one on ebay with the upper horn broken off, but as you can see in the pictures, it has been repaired nicely. Still not perfect looking, but if you have some painting skills you could patch it up, or if you dont care about looks, this is a great buy. The fingerboard is ebonol, and has some very minor wear.
    34" scale with dots on the side of the fingerboard
    Mighty Mite pickup. I think the preamp is just that standard one, it's the older one with mid and bass trims int he back.
    I've only had this for a few weeks so, I haven't played it much.
    Strung with fender flatwounds.
    $100 + shipping
  2. lalala, btw, i've played this thing with a strap for a while (a week) and it's just as solid as ever.
  3. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
  4. you know you want this. it's a good deal :D cuz i got it for cheap, but i really need the money now.
  5. new price....need the money!
  6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    clef: How was the upper horn repaired? Epoxy, glue? Any details would be great. Thanks!
  7. it was repaired with high strength epoxy. No dowels or rods, but the joint seems solid. At least it's solid enough to play it using a strap, and jump around a lot, which should be the worst thing you should ever do to the upper horn of a bass.
  8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Are you accepting any trades at all? how much would shipping be to 55409? Is the trussrod/neck/nut/bridge all in good condition? I might be interested, i'm really missing my fretless i got rid of...
  9. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I'll take it if you still have it, how much would shipping be to 90044 (Los Angeles CA.)? you have a gig bag for it?
  10. hey maybe you should start bids cuz my dad is a cabinet maker and he said he could make it look like it was never broke what is the price at now
  11. still got it at $100 plus shipping. first to pay me gets it :D ah...wishful thinking.
  12. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Dude check your PMs, I didn't get your shipping info. ;)