Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cort curbow 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by suasa, Dec 3, 2004.

1. okay so i am lookin for a new bass i have decided i dont much like my ibanez srx300 anymore and i find a cort curbow 4 in Prince George B.C. which is the closest city to me basically anyway under 250 american shipped under 300 canadian what do u think good deal or no.

2. and also would this bass be a upgrade from my ibanez i am thinking so because of the bartolini pickup but it may look like a bit of a joke on me since i am 6'4 and a half or so but i just need to know if it is a good allround bass and if i am getting a deal and also do u think i will beable to get more for my ibanez??

3. I play a Cort Curbow 4, I paid $360 for mine new and it has the burl finish, the bass sounds and plays great, but requires a lot of releif if your going to be changing tuning. My band plays a half step down, and when Im a 1/2 step and in drop D(b) then the releif in the neck goes away and i get some buzzing on the first 3 frets of the A-string. Also the bass looks a little small on me and I am only 5'10", so I would consider that. Similar basses in that price range of $250 are the Peavey Milleniums, I dont own one but I was very impressed with the way they play.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Listen, the bass is going to sound alright, but its going to look like a guitar on you. I'd suggest looking for a used G&L Tribute or a used Spector. Barring that, maybe a Brice.

5. okay so all in all is it worth the money?? i mean just the bass itself. and how much do u think i will beable to get for my ibanez srx 300??

6. okay well i read some reviews checked out the electronics which i found out were not barts they are mightymite all in all i think i didnt do too badly, i spent a little more htan i wanted to but hey under 300 shipped with custom hardshell case i cant complain. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3765852542

7. kingbrutis

kingbrutis

Aug 10, 2003
    Phoenix AZ
    I have owned a cort 5 and a 4 fretless. I liked both alot. As a matter of fact, I wish I still had the 5er. My 5 had the mightymite pich up and it sounded very good. Good luck Joe

8. thanks