cort curbow 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I went into a local guitar shop today and they had a bunch of cort curbows they just got in. The price for a 5 string fretless was 53,000 yen, which is about $410 bucks. I'm sure I could get them to lower the price a little too, and it comes with a soft case. This seems like a good deal to me, but I've heard Greg Curbow himself has great prices on the Corts. What do ya'll think?
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hi PH,
    Had a CC5 a while back, and it was a good player, with a decent B. Had to get used to the Luthite smell. Make sure it is comfortable playing seated, as the body shape didn't fit my leg seated. Did OK with a strap. Used CC5's sell in the $350-$400 range here, so if you are getting a new one at $400, I think it is a good deal.
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I've played some of the Cort curbows, I think they are pretty good for the price. bartonlini picups too :) thats a plus.. I believe that $410 is a good asking price
  4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i tried as hard as i could to get used to the body style, I just couldnt. Its not that i dont like the shape, but its impossible to play sitting down and even standing up is hard. I'd make sure u spent sum serious time playing one before u buy it cuz i dont think it balances well at all.
  5. Guess I am the odd ball here... My 5 feel comfortable playing, and on my leg (as long as I don't do a whole show that way). Great tone, and fast neck.

I will admit, however, that the Luthite does smell. It's not bad until you open up the back cavity.
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I believe that only the 6 has a Bart. The 4 and 5 have Mighty Mite pickups.