Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cort curbow 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phat Ham, Dec 24, 2001.

1. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I went into a local guitar shop today and they had a bunch of cort curbows they just got in. The price for a 5 string fretless was 53,000 yen, which is about $410 bucks. I'm sure I could get them to lower the price a little too, and it comes with a soft case. This seems like a good deal to me, but I've heard Greg Curbow himself has great prices on the Corts. What do ya'll think?

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Hi PH,
    Had a CC5 a while back, and it was a good player, with a decent B. Had to get used to the Luthite smell. Make sure it is comfortable playing seated, as the body shape didn't fit my leg seated. Did OK with a strap. Used CC5's sell in the $350-$400 range here, so if you are getting a new one at $400, I think it is a good deal.
    Doc

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I've played some of the Cort curbows, I think they are pretty good for the price. bartonlini picups too :) thats a plus.. I believe that $410 is a good asking price

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i tried as hard as i could to get used to the body style, I just couldnt. Its not that i dont like the shape, but its impossible to play sitting down and even standing up is hard. I'd make sure u spent sum serious time playing one before u buy it cuz i dont think it balances well at all.

5. Guess I am the odd ball here... My 5 feel comfortable playing, and on my leg (as long as I don't do a whole show that way). Great tone, and fast neck.

I will admit, however, that the Luthite does smell. It's not bad until you open up the back cavity.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I believe that only the 6 has a Bart. The 4 and 5 have Mighty Mite pickups.