Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Curbow 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Joe Nerve, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    New price out of desperation:
    $250 plus shipping!
    Just put in my order for a Bongo 5 so I don't need this baby anymore.

Cort Curbow 5. Red Sparkle, Bartolini, 3 band EQ, pretty much mint condition.

$275 + shipping.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Joe, interested in any trades?

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Hmmm.... I need the money bigtime... the right combo amp MAY interest me but with shipping and all I think it would probably not wind up being the greatest deal. Sorry for a not so difinitive answer but it's the best I can do at the moment. I'm still in 'just dropped a big wad on another bongo shock'.

4. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  5. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    As panic sets in that new Bongo5 is going to send Joe Nerve to the poor house, he decides he doesn't want to wait for the money this bass is worth and makes the drop, perhaps for a limited time only... to...

$250 + shipping​

6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I used to eat sweet tarts when I was a kid. I quit eating sugar though about 10 years ago. I have a lot more energy now. I wish I brushed my teeth 3 or more times every day, but sometimes I only get to brush them aroud twice. If the price of stamps goes up it's going to cost us more to mail letters. Thank god for the intenet.

$250 for a practically new - there's not even a belt scratch on the back of this - 5 string Curbow!

7. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    got a bag or something for that?

8. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Only have a bag that I use. It's decent and almost new. I'll throw it in for another $20 cuz I'll have to replace it immediately.

9. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Joe, I've been considering one of these for a few years now - I am looking for a cheaper five, too.

Any comments on how the nut width, neck profile and string spacing at the bridge compare to one of your Bongo fives? My other fiver is an SR5.

10. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Believe it or not, I only played a Bongo 5 once in a store when they first came out - so I can't make a comparison. What I fell in love with about this bass when I bought it was it felt very much like my Sterling 4. The neck is thin and easy for me to play. I bought another Cort about 2 weeks before the crubow and the neck was really wide. I hated the feel. This one fell right into my hands and felt like home. The action is good, neck thin and spacingf airly close but it didn't feel any different (as I said) than my sterling. If you like wide spacing and a big neck this isn't for you.

11. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
  12. briank59

briank59

Apr 14, 2005
    Can you take PayPal?

13. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    sold.

i've got a couple of hodads still for sale though. anyone wanna make an offer???