Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Curbow 6! $1500?????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by masterFunk, Oct 10, 2002.

1. If he is telling the truth,
    talk about OVERPAID!!! :eek: :eek:

$1500 Cort Curbow here

I hope he is joking.. I really do..

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    This is the eBay Bruce warned us about:D

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    oh dear lord...

4. vinoman

vinoman

May 22, 2002
    Insanity is a state of mind and this guy is in a state of euphoria. I bought a brand new Cort Curbow in blue with a case for $435

5. vinoman

vinoman

May 22, 2002
    I forgot, yes it was a six string

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I sent him an email.
    List on that bass is $844.
    The Burled version is $899.

7. I'm shopping around for a 6 string. I've heard that the Curbow 6 is real nice for the money. Best price I've found so far is $450.00 Where did you get one for $435.00? with case!

That sounds like the deal I'm looking for.
    :D

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I'd pay more for the one with the wallpaper finish!!!

9. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    lol....you think that's funny.

He had it originally listed for a $3000 BIN, but was 'shamed' into lowering it from a few well placed emails yesterday........ obviously he didn't believe ;)

PJR

10. And he got another email.

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah I just sent that guy an e-mail... what a jackass

12. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Just got a reply from him. He thanked me for the info (list prices and "street" prices) but said he thought it was a "good value" because he was including a "real nice" case. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
  14. Nice work. The seller seems like a nice enough fellow; glad he got the hint.

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    "I thank everyone for the emails to inform me, even if they were rather crude"

Talkbass: 1
    Bad Guys: 0

16. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Of course, we still don't know what his "reserve" is. As of this post its $305 and not met yet.

17. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    What's Ebonol???:confused:

18. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Its fake (although very durable) ebony made from petroleum, just like the "luthite" bodies that are used by Cort to make the Curbow. Several other manufacturers use it (luthite) for their lower priced models (i.e.: Ibanez Ergodyne).

19. vinoman

vinoman

May 22, 2002
    GreyBeard, Sorry for the delay in responding. About 4 months ago Mars Music must have been closing out the Cort Curbow 6 in the blue and red finish. They listed the blue at $359 and the red at $499. Believe it or not, it took me over a week to make a decision. So I figured with the money I was saving, I might as well buy the case as well. But math is not my best subject. The bass was $359 and the case was $99 I think. So you do the math, but it was still a great deal for a new 6er. Also, if your looking for a deal on a six string, take your time. I was lucky enough to also pick up a Yamaha TRB6II on E-Bay for $499. Believe it or not, I bid the opening and was the only one to bid. The bass was in great shape and sounds awesome. So just be patient and your dream bass will appear at a great price. I have only had one ploblem with the Curbow, I can't get the plate off to change the battery. Does anyone have a suggestion?