Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Curbow 6 and getting her threw curbow.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MyNameIsMUD, Oct 28, 2003.

1. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    Well, I think I am(finally) set on what I want. A Cort Curbow 6. It has all the features I want, at a price I can afford and it's one of the few that I have personaly played(even though its been awhile)

Threw a search ppl keep suggesting on getting one threw Greg Curbow himself at http://www.curbow.com/_Cort/curbow_cort_1.htm for a better price and opt to put some goodies in it..
    but I cant make sense of the prices listed on his site... If I'm not mistaking he's charging MORE... is he charging 299 Just for the US bart electronic's alone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I just want to know know how much a Cort Curbow 6 in burl with US Bart's with his setup cost...

Oh, and if anyone has anything they would like to add about the cort curbow6's speak now or forever hold your peace. ;)

thanks

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I have a Cort Curbow 6 in the burl finish and I love it! Has the Korean Bart MM pickup and sounds a plays great.

To be honest, though, I would recommend against that finish. Up close, it looks like it was created on a dot matrix printer. It's not bad, especially froma difference, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Also, be prepared for a neck-heavy bass. Because the neck is so huge and the body is so small, at time you'll feel like the entire bass is made of neck. :eek:

Anyway, like I said, i love mine. It's a blast to play.

3. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    Yeah i remember playing these things at MARS allong time ago. and yeah they sure are neck heavy lol!!! really turned me off on those basses til I tried one that had a strap on it. Then it was all gravy.

And your also right bout those finish, doesnt look like real wood but then again.. I never was a fan of that lake something blue color. :/ I havent seen the red satin finish in person though but they look great on the pic's at musicians freind so I get one in that color to save some cash.

I also plan on replacing the pickups and pre-amp in the not tooo distant future. Does EMG make pickups that will fit on this bass? I understand it's some odd ball size or something.

4. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    I think that's one of Bart's odd-shapped soaps in there.

That;s actually one thing I wouldn't replace on the bass. Even though they are the Korean Barts, they still sound nice.

5. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    Just out of curriousity.. What would you(or have you) change(d) on a cort curbow? like are ther weak links?

6. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Hmmmm......good question. The body's a little small for my tastes, but no big deal.

I'd say that neck heaviness is the only real drawback for me, so be honest.

7. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    hmm, I wonder what curbow would charge to build a new body to replace the lathite one..(or if he has some instock..) Get some real burl on her.. :bassist:

8. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    agg. I hate real life stuff that comes from nowhere to stop me from getting something...

Okay, well now I am just about FINALY order my CC6.
    If anyone has any objections or anything plz say it now! Or if one of you wants to sell me something really nice for really cheap... lol
    I do have one question though
    [​IMG]
    I LOVE the way it looks in that pic. But I want to know what they look like in real life. I have seen some stuff that looks almost nothing like what musiciansfreinds pics. Also, what is that color called?
    Red satin or red metallic?

thx

9. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    anyone know about thatcolor? :(

also, make sure to use Fed-Ex right? I got a msg saying he usually uses UPS...:confused:

10. Curbow

Curbow

Aug 1, 2002
    Give Us a Call!
    I can and will help!
    Greg Curbow
    706-374-2873
    www.curbow.com