1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cort curbow 6 string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheIrishOx, Sep 7, 2008.

1. TheIrishOx

TheIrishOx

Feb 22, 2008
    Illinois
    opinions on this bass and any one selling one at a great price. A side note whats a good long scale bass string. bright, chimy, low tension if possible, and with great intonation.

2. TheIrishOx

TheIrishOx

Feb 22, 2008
    Illinois
    anybody

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    The sixes are hard to find these days, but if you find one, buy it. I used Ken Smith strings on my sixes but later switched to DR's after I had LeCompte build me a bass and it arrived with those on, loved 'em. I find myself liking S.I.T. strings these days too. I'm gonna order some Conklin SnakeSkins for my 7's because they sound and feel great, plus last a very long time.

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    I have a Cort Curbow 6 string with US barts and US preamp that was setup by the late Mr. Curbow himself. It was a decent bass. I liked it a lot, and it served me well after my Ibanez GSR until I got my stingray. My dad wants to learn how to play now, and he really liked that bass so he's going to use it now...

But yeah, it's definitely a decent bass. If you can find one, go for it!

5. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

I have one!! Its a great bass...PM'd

6. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

pic

Attached Files:

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Hard to beat for the $. I should not have sold mine.

8. dustdbass6

dustdbass6 Alembic User

Apr 24, 2007
    Livermore, California
    I have the same one as thundar! I've actually had two now, but the first one burnt in a fire. I replaced it pretty quick. I bought it to get use to playing 6, which I feel pretty good about now. I say find one and dooooo it.

9. TheIrishOx

TheIrishOx

Feb 22, 2008
    Illinois
    any one got one it sounds great but I would like to get one in the 150 to 260 dollar range if any one is willing to sell for that cheap.

10. thomasthecat

thomasthecat

Jul 12, 2010
    i have one of these and i highly recommend this bass. Its VERY impressive for the money. i like the "new/modern" sound it has compaired to my p or my j. you should get one

11. BDVette1983

BDVette1983

Jun 1, 2011
    I have the metallic red with brushed aluminum controls, too. Plus the original factory case, which, on investigation, seems really hard to find as well. Actually, so far mine's the only pair I've seen together at all. But, given that I only got it to play jazz in the first place and I haven't played jazz in like 10 years, right now time's are tight and I need the money. It sucks that I can probably only get $250-$300 for it, but that's the market. For everyone here that's loves it as much as they do, I feel like if theirs suddenly got demolished and this was the only one available, they'd pay like $600 for it. If I was still playing it actively that's probably what I'd be willing to pay to replace it. Isn't weird how cost, market value, and consumer value can be so far apart sometimes?

[​IMG]