Cort Curbow 6: Wasn't Half Bad!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mud Flaps, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I tried out the Curt Curbow 6 today, and it definatly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not seriously considering buying it, I just screwed around with it for a little while today after my bass lesson. I was suprised by its playability. Despite reports that it had "extreme neck dive", the body contour made it easy enough for me to play without a strap. Also, the fingerboard (which appeared to be Ebony) was well constructed. The single bartolini soapbard sounded fine. It sounded a bit heavy on the bass, but that could have been the amp. The string spacing was 6 standard I believe, usually I can't play six standard string spacing, but with this one I was pleasantly surprised.

Overall, I was quite pleased. The bass is a really good value, it doesn't get any better than that for $400 for 6 string.
  2. tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    I have a curbow 4 (cort) and i love it to death, despite the cheap price (well i got one of the first released models so it was a bit more, but better quality) I feel these basses are highly under-rated. Nice to see they almost have another convert

long live the CortCurbows :)

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I had a Cort Curbow 6 and it was a great value. I ended up trading because the neck dive was ridiculous (I got tired of having to constantly readjust). The neck itself (total construction, fret job, fret board, etc.) was very much to my liking and I thought it was well constructed.

I never really could get used to the tone, frankly. It was always a bit too "thin" for me, mainly due to the composition of the body. But the hardware was nice and it was definitely a fine value.
  4. HaVIC5

Aug 22, 2003
    Brooklyn, NYC
    I have one, and they really do give a lot of bass for the money. The neck dive issue is a problem, yes, but it gives incentive to invest in a comfortable strap, so now I just play with a strap all the time.