1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort Curbow discontinued?!?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Never_grew_up, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I've been GASing for a Cort Curbow (could never afford a REAL one) and of course never found one whan I had $ or gear to trade. I went into a small music store in Dalton, GA (up there on business) to find 2 - a blue and a red 4 string fretted model. the store owner said they were the last 2 his rep was able to find because they've been discontinued.

Anyone else heard this? Should I do whatever I can to get one while I can?

2. That's too bad, I wonder if your shop is not carrying them anymore or if Cort is actually ending production on them. I will have to look on the Cort website. Corts are highly under rated. I have owned a few over the years. Nice basses. I currently have one of the City-Elrick RB5's, really digging it.

At any rate, I regularly see Curbows on eBay, so they can be had in the used market.

3. The 6 stringers are no longer made...As far as I know the 4 & 5's are still in regular production.

4. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Calm down. there are thousands of those things on the used market. there's no reason to rush. If they are discontinued, you can probably get a good deal as dealers clear their inventory. You know what you want precisely, so e-bay is your friend.