1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cort curbow fretless?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Ethanator, Oct 8, 2009.

1. im looking for a fretless bass, and noticed the cort curbow fretless 4-string. theres no fret lines, which is fine by me, but (after an hour of dedicated searching on here, ebay, etc.) i cant find a picture of the top side of the neck. are there any position markers? if so, are they in between where the frets would be, or right on where they would be? also, are they on every single 'fret', or just on the 3/5/7/9/12 etc? if anyone has had expirience with these or has any pictures, that would be cool. thanks! :bassist:
    (oh yeah, 18th birthday today. got $250 saved towards my fretless fund, if anybody can reccomend me another good unlined fretless, please do)

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    They have them at the 3rd, 5th, 7th positions etc. Right on the note.

Very nice necks on these, not the easiest to sit down with, benifits from a classical guitar position.

3. jimbilly

jimbilly

Apr 19, 2006
    I've got a Cort, the Artisan model I think, it's pretty similar to an Ibanez SR in body shape. It has a Wenge neck and Mighty Mite pickups, it was made in Korea. It's a really nice fretless and a fantastic value, -I only paid $160, I figure its probably only worth $250 or so.

4. awesome. im pretty sure this is the bass i want. ive played a fretted curbow 4 before and liked the way it felt. i have an ibanez sr400qm right now and noticed the sr300f, which is just like my bass but fretless. only thing is the overabundance of markings on the fretboard looks confusing, i actualy prefer an unlined fretless. trains my ears rather than my eyes on trying to see if im at the right position

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    The Cort fretless is a decent bass for the buck. Another inexpensive unlined with side dots you might look at is the Dean Edge 4.

basspedaler likes this.
  6. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    Warwick Corvette Fretless.

7. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    I wish Cort still made the 6er Curbow.:atoz: