1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

cort curbow or ibanes edb600 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LeeJay, Nov 12, 2000.

1. LeeJay

LeeJay

Nov 12, 2000
    my b-day is next week and im getting about $580, i like both the ibanez and the cort :( anyone wanna help me out on choosing ? and pleez dont tell me to buy a fender i hate them :p

2. The best i could tell you is if you really like both of em, go to a store that sells both of em and try them both out and compare and contrast to see which one you like better. Personally i prefer Ibanez's over Cort's, but thats just my opinion.

3. AuroraStar

AuroraStar

Apr 15, 2000
    well, I don't know, I never played a cort in my life..but doesn't anyone else think they pickups on the ibanez edb600 feel a little awkward?

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I like Cort Curbow's and would recommend them always.
    In this case. The Ibanez EDB frequently have very noticeable deadspots. And I like the EDC700 a lot more than the EDB.

But the thing is that the Cort Curbow is a better bass overall. Specially the 6 String model.
    It costs less than the Ibanez and it sounds better.

Today.. I finally used the 25th fret. (To play Joe Satriani's summer song on the Bass, I mean.. The guitar part on the bass. )