Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Curbow sixer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Instrument Pimp, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Hey, I'm thinking about getting the six string Cort Curbow, and I was wondering if anybody has any input on it. You know, the usual: what's it play like, stuff like that...

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Decent sounding, average B string, difficult to play sitting down because of the body shape, and a tad neck heavy because of the small body. Oh, and luthite has a funny smell, but that should go away after a few months.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Embellisher pretty much nailed it, but i would like to add that I like the sound of mine, especially for the price.

All things considered, it's a good value as long as you don't get the Mighty Mite pickups.

Get the black finish.

4. I've heard talk that the sixer needs some upgrades before it has a really good sound. Care to comment on that?

5. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I think that was about the older c. curbow's with the mighty mights. Now they come with Bartoloni's(korean made Mk-1's to be exact)

I too am gass'ing for one right now and I have been spamming this forum about it..(hehe)

Also, if you get one, get it from Greg Curbow himself. He sell's them cheaper then what you would normaly pay at music store or musiciansfreind and he will set it up and sign it himself.
    http://www.curbow.com/_Cort/curbow_cort_1.htm

And what you meen get black one? What about Red satin?(least they look great in the pic's at msf.com)[​IMG]

6. Alright, I'll look into that site. And just for everyone's information, I've decided I'm getting the red one, mostly because it'll remind me of my 4 string Cort action bass, my first bass.

7. Would it be possible to get some pictures from different views of the bass, all I've been able to find so far is a normal front view.

8. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Here's a pic of the back of mine, if this helps:
    [​IMG]

9. Thanks, that does help. If you can think of anything else to tell me that you think is important, then post it.

10. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    I like the cort 6'ers but they look Friggin HUGE with that tiny Body and a 6 string neck. Looks kinda funny. Sounds pretty good.

11. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    I own a cort curbow 4 string. My only complaint is, if you play sitting down the small bottom horn always slides off your leg. But other than that, I love it! Nice tone, comfortable to play. Worth the money! So go buy one!! :)

12. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    You learn to love the Luthite smell :D
    Great basses for the money especially with the new electronics that Cort put into the Curbows now.