1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort Curbow vs esp ltd b 155 dx

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ronrick, May 10, 2010.

1. ronrick

ronrick

May 10, 2010
    hey..
    i want to buy a 5-string bass guitar (300-400$). I came across Cort Curbow 5 and ESP LTD B155 DX. here is the config:

B155DX :
    [​IMG]
    # Bolt-On Construction
    # 34" Scale
    # Basswood Body
    # Flamed Maple Top
    # Maple Neck
    # Rosewood Fingerboard
    # 45mm Standard Nut
    # Thin U Neck Contour
    # 24 XJ Frets
    # Black Nickel Hardware
    # ESP Tuners
    # ESP DB-5 Bridge w/ String-Thru-Body
    # ESP SB-5 (B & N) p.u.
    # ESP ABQ-3 3-Band Active EQ
    # Finish: STB

Cort Curbow 5:
    cort-curbow-5_3.
    * Luthite carved-top body
    * Extended upper horn for strapped balance
    * Deep lower cutaway provides unrestricted access to all frets
    * Rock-maple neck extends to the pickup for maximum vibration transfer
    * Neck is fastened securely by 5 bolts
    * Electronics include a single slim Bartolini passive pickup
    * Active 9V tone circuit features a 3-band EQ and a "slap" contour switch with adjustable bass and midrange boost (accessed from the rear) plus volume, treble cut, mid boost/cut and bass boost/cut knobs on the front
    * Ebanol fingerboard, polished to a mirror finish
    * Cutting-edge, premium-quality bass for a very affordable price

Please help!!

2. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    A Cort Curbow was my first bass. It was (still is most likely, but I don't own it anymore :p) a very solid, versatile (sensitive EQ) instrument. Very light too. I grew to dislike to sound though, and the pickup was too wide for my taste. This was the four stringer though, so I don't really know how the fiver feels.

The ESP seems like a more versatile bass with better playability. This is judging from the picture though. Try both to see which you like better! In this price range you might also want to check Ibanez Soundgears (I love em), Squier Deluxe Jazzes, G&L Tributes (also reaaaally nice) and Sterling by MusicMan(s?). This is speaking from my own preferences though.