Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cort elrick josh paul

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by arose11, Aug 24, 2003.

1. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Hello everyone,

I have just been doing my ebay rounds, and I came upon this bass. I was wondering if it would be okay to buy this bass w/out having played one. I love all the specs and i have heard people raving about it. Plus its just beautiful:D. I saw one go new for about... $950 US on accessbass.com i think. I have big hands so its not that big of a deal, but i would like the know the neck profile.

Thanks,
    ATR

link to bass:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2553203560&category=4713

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I hate people that have so much money they buy basses left and right just for the hell of it :(

3. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Umm, maybe you haven't looked at my profile but i own and play a squier(the only bass I have) and I am looking to upgrade. I don't really see what that has to do with anything.:confused:

I also live a long was away from any decent guitar stores so i have no chance to play one. Plus after buying a bass I will be broke:p.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hehe it doesnt have to do with you at all, just the thoguht of ebay, and the average big shot here, makes me sad :(

EDIT: want a fender jazz bass? :)

5. Judging by this person's signature, I would guess that he is not one of those people. And what's it to you, anyway?

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Absolutely nothing?

7. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Okay now that thats all said and done, comments on the main topic (josh paul)?:rolleyes:

8. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    I've got one on layaway at my local shop. I get stuff at just over cost, and that one is less than I'm paying. It's a great bass, so if you like the color, go for it.

Glenn D.

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That bass would have to be one of the best looking, best sounding low cost bass i have played. The wine red and green color looks sweet, but i cant say the same for the natural color. anyway it has decent string spacing for you, and the active/passive push.pull switch just makes this deal sweeter.

If i were you bud, go for it.

10. rumblinbass

rumblinbass

Aug 22, 2003
    Wimberley, TX
    here's an ad for a Cort Elrick JP5 for $495.

http://www.bassgear.com/

FOR SALE: Cort Elrick JP5
    Posted: : 08/24/2003
    Category: Basses
    Condition: Brand New
    Asking Price: $495

Brand new,bought two basses on a whim but cant afford them.Only had the bass for a week.Incredible playing and sounding bass with a massive B and very versatile.Read bass players review,may issue.

Swamp ash body
    Quited maple top
    Maple neck/rosewood board
    Quick release bridge
    Bartolini soapbars
    3 band bartolini preamp w/push/pull active/passive

This is a boutique bass at an incredible price.
    Comes with the brand new hardshell case.
    Will get pics soon

FULL NAME: Dean
    PHONE: 206-719-1106
    CITY, STATE: seattle
    EMAIL: rohanster@aol.com

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Aren't the Bartolini's in this bass the MK-1 pickups and not USA Made Barts?

12. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yes, but they still sound pretty good. I'm going to add an Aguilar preamp to mine and it should just roar. Now to get my fingers replaced...

Glenn D.

13. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    And the preamp is MK too. But you could pick up one of these used, upgrade pups and electronics and still come out under $1000!

14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Ah..Aguilar :) I just bought a Cort Artisan B4FL on ebay that I'm going to replace the MK-1's with the Bartolini's that I took out of my Dean Jeff Berlin Standard. Probably going to put in an Aguilar OBP-3 if not that, then a Bartolini 2-band (NBT?) Definately putting an Aguilar in my Schecter. It has passive barts now but I'm going Active

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    just for the record- the Josh Paul sold by accesbass was nowhere near $950-
    im not sure where you got that info...these basses list for over $1100-
    i won't discuss what it sold for, but it was quite less than $950.
    Accessbass no longer carries the Cort line.

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    this guy is totally breaking his agreement with Cort- he is giving these away without regard for Cort's rules. Cort doesn't seem to be too hurried to put a stop to him. But other dealers are supposed to adhere to terms.. not a level playing field if you ask me- but it's good for you if you want one- get it before Cort decides to pull the cord on him.

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That was a sweet review. Its the bass player mag with jason and ozzy on the cover.

If you can get that bass and the price you think is good, i say go for it. If you get in contact with the owner, and they're arent alot of bids, try and haggle and get him down to a lower price. :)

18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    the owner is a dealer, and if he come down anymore, he is losing money.