Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort/Elrick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nanook, Mar 3, 2003.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I guess you all saw it in Bass Player Magazine.

Can't find it at the Cort or Elrick web site. It looks like something extremely high end for Cort.

Are they in production yet? Will they make a fretless model? What will it cost?

anything?

2. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I played one at NAMM but no word on when they'll be available. Retail is about $1,000 so "street" should be in the $700 range.

[​IMG]

3. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    What were your impression of the bass, Steve?

4. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Hey Dude, were there any other new Corts besides the Elrick?

5. There were a lot of positive comments (very general, not many specifics) about this bass in the NAMM threads, but nobody seems to know much about when they will be out.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    it just looks so freeeeking big!

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    It is rather large but you need to consider the fact that I'm pretty small (5'9" and only 130 pounds). Here's my friend Lowell Packham with it...put a different perspective on it??

:eek:

[​IMG]

8. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    I only had 5 hours to cover the entire show this year so I was running around like crazy trying to take it all in. I played it through a small combo amp they had there at the booth but it really was hard to give it a proper evaluation. NAMM is NOT the place to "hear" anything.

I didn't notice any other new Cort models at the booth other than the Elrick but then again, I wasn't really looking at Cort brand basses. I only went over there to see the Elrick.

9. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    Thanks anyways. Did you happen to drop by the Yamaha booth?Saw anything tasty there?

10. I think the "creamed spinach" finish is a rather unfortunate color.

11. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    No, didn't make it over to Yamaha because they have a separate ballroom over at a hotel and not in the main convention center.

12. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Well, there was some misunderstanding regarding that color selection according to Rob and he wasn't overly pleased. He told me that John Paul wanted a green one and that Cort misunderstood it to mean that all of the production basses were also to be green. I believe that they will be available in that green and cherry sunburst but I don't know what's going one with them now since there's no information about them on Cort's website yet.

13. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

hee hee...say that's a pretty large fella...i'm 5'7" and 175. that bass would eat me! i could prolly beat it in an arm wrestling match, though ;)

14. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Wow, it really looks small and I love the green color.

It looks a little like my Elrick Platinum Standard and (based on the pictures) at $700, it is A LOT of bass for the money.

It has the same ergonomic lines that make the real Elricks so user friendly.

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Look at the pic of Lowell playing it and pay attention to the lower horn of the body and how the curve digs into his thigh...granted, his thigh is ummmm rather rotund but even my chicken legs feel that lower horn dig in a bit when playing them sitting down.

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i was impressed with that bas at NAMM- enough to inquire about carrying them- i was met with a resounding " NO INTERNET DEALERS!!!" -- oh well, im just gonna have to keep selling the crap i sell now...:rolleyes: :D

17. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    Don't what to say?? I play mine sitting down all the time and it feels fine. Nothing digs into me. It does sort of wrap around the leg rather than just being supported by it, which really makes it feel more stable.

I always heard that ergonomics were a big part of that Elrick design and would have to agree that it fits my shape perfectly.

18. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think its a very nice looking bass. I woudl definately give it a chance. at 6' 200lbs I think i could manage...

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    another thing new at the westheimer booth was the groove tools rocco prestia model 4 string. that was a fine fine bass.

20. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i am really interested in this bass. being a Precision lover and a great admirer of rocco prestia.

are there pics available of this bass?

thanks!