1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort 'Funk Machine II'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmanslap, Sep 20, 2008.

1. bassmanslap

bassmanslap

Jun 21, 2008
    Hi Guys

Does anyone on these forums have one of these? Or even played one of these?

I was at a friends house last night and we were talking about the band im in, he mentioned that he had a bass that had been stuffed under the bed for about 2 years. Anyway i got him to get it out so i could have a look. It seems quite a nice bass with bartolini pickups as standard, with a 'funk wah' envelope filter sounding flick switch built into the bass also as standard. I quite like my envelope filter stomp boxes and other various pedals. If the 'funk wah' switch does what it says on the tin, surely this is a GREAT idea?

He no longer wants this bass and asked if i wanted it. He says that he got it a few years ago for about £500. It is in prestine condition. He has asked for £250 for it, does that sound like a good deal to you guys?

Cheers

Matt :D

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Hell yeah!

3. bassmanslap

bassmanslap

Jun 21, 2008
    Have you played one? Do cort basses have good build quality? I have never owned one..

4. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    I haven't played the Funkmachine itself, but I do play Cort's, their quality is great, and a deal at full price.

Cort also make a lot of other popular basses for biger companies, the Squier VM/DJAV's, the Fender Jazz 24, G&L Tribute, Lakland Skyline etc.

5. I have played one. Like most Corts, it seemed very well put together. The controls do what they are supposed to; the tone controls, being active, have a quite wide range. The "Funk Wah" can be adjusted from two mini controls on the back and it really does perform as advertized. The one I tried was a neck through - I don't know if that applies to all of them, it also had the TM Stevens wacky paint job.

If it has been under the bed for a while it will need new batteries. Try before you buy, but 250 Sovs seems like a fair price.

6. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

7. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    The one you played was the Funkmachine I, the II is a different body wood, bolt on and not ot the wacky paint job.

8. bassmanslap

bassmanslap

Jun 21, 2008
    Yes, this one is black. I had a look at the adjustment controls for the funk wah on the back, there is a few little labelled holes (cant remember what they say exactly). Would you just poke something through the holes at the back to adjust the envelope filter?? :help:

Matt

9. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    A mini screwdriver should work.