1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort GB-74 NEW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aubass1, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    I picked up a Cort (not my favorite) in a store yesterday, i was really impressed so i bought it. Its Natural, 4 string, and has active electronics. Comments?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks like a cool bass, that's the Jazz style one with blocks on the neck as well as a MM humbucker in the bridge, right?

3. yeah thats right. corts dont get anywhere near there credit on this site.

4. matt"bass"

matt"bass"

Oct 20, 2005
    Hull
    I got a Gb34 for my first bass, i think its fantastic versatile tone, looks good, and feels nice. Downside it is abit neck heavy. but hell can't argue for £250 with all the other gear i needed too.

5. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    Yeah, white binding, and white block inlays, the pickups are nice, but a bit on the cheap side (the very cheap side), but for now they work just fine. The locking jack on the Cort is nice, since ive stepped on my cable 3 times now and it has yet to come out. Hipshot A style bridge, and Hipshot tuners. It's a good contrast to my Warwick.

6. what makes you say the pups are cheap?

7. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    They cost 25$ They sound really nice, but if i put in some new ones the bass could really put out some serious tone.

8. ahh ok, my cort c4z has might mite pups as well and ive been thinking of swapping em out for something else, let me know if you change yours

9. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    Yeah, mine are mights too. I might change em for Christmas, but im not sure, anyone know about a good humbucker?

10. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    Yeah, a friend of mine just told me about that one, i havent gotten the chance to play one just yet.

11. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    i don think that seymour duncan would fit, theres a single screw hole each side on the mightymite soaps.

12. hmm good point,

13. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    My Cort has Barts in it from the factory, but I'm not impressed with their sound. When used together with the balancer at 50/50, they sound good, but the Neck pickup has uneven response and the bridge one sound horrible with no usable tones. I'm thinking of changing them both out for Q-tuners.

14. there bart designed, not real B A R T A L I N I

15. Aubass1

Aubass1

Oct 19, 2006
    Italy
    Im talking about the humbucker in the bridge, its two screws on one side, and one on the other, so is the seymour duncan, but ive yet to try any humbucker other than my GB-74 and dozens of Music Mans

16. ahh sorry yes, im looking at this again, ste, the gb74 isnt a soap its a mm style humbucker, the duncan would fit fine,

17. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    The pickups that are in that Cort stock are MightyMites. I know cause I'm his friend, I was there when he bought it. It is a nice bass, but the pickups are not all that good.