SOLD Cort GB-75 FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zachbass02, Dec 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    NEW PRICE $450 + shipping???

Cort GB-75 with some upgrades....

added chrome pup cover over the front jazz pickup...(ala Marcus Miller) really looks sharp. Biggest upgrades though would be the 3 band Bart MK-1 preamp straight out of a Lakland 55-01 that has replaced the original 2 band pre-. Both will come with it if you want. Currently strung with Labella Nickle wound strings. Just tweaked the action and it's super low. I've installed a set of Bartolini Pickups. They are the same pickups in the Lakland 55-02 & (US version) 55-94. I'll include both sets of pickups with the sale/trade. (Note: I had to route the pickguard (no wood was routed) out at the neck pickup to fit the Neck Jazz pup. The route can't be seen with the pickup cover on though.) I've got the spacing adjusted all the way out to 19mm but can come down to 17 or 17.5 (not sure which) if desired.

Note...this is produced in the same factory that the Lakland skylines come from. The hipshot tuners are identical to the ones on my Lakland 55-02. The hipshot style bridge is fully adjustable. The blocks and binding look amazing. The neck profile is very similar to the Lakland necks...12" Radius. I think of it as a 34" Lakland 5 string.

$450 + shipping

HPIM0620.gif
    controls are Vol/Tone Treb/Mid/Bass with pup coil selector switch....very similar to Lakland 55-02 set-up..
    HPIM0619.gif
    GB75back.gif
    HPIM0618.gif
    GB75HS1.gif
    GB75HS2.gif

2. what would you consider in trade??

3. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    lakland DJ5+ cash on my end

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    What is it you don't like about this bass, or do you just want a DJ5? You can PM me if you want to.

5. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    there is nothing I don't like about this bass...however, my main bass is a 55-02 (35" scale) and I would really like both of my 5ers to be 35".....plus I've been gassing hard for DJ5 for over a year now....

The GB-75 is built, looks, and plays amazingly and the pickups and pre absolutely smoke....It sounds as good as my 55-02...I just really really really want a DJ5....that's it...hope that's helpful...if you got any other questions...hit me up...

6. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Man, you sound positively wicked on that song "Another World"! Is that your Cort or the 55-02?

7. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    thank you very much...actually that is our producers MIM precision drop tuned to DGCF......those tunes were recorded pre 55-02 and the Cort....In the Middle & Mystery were done on the MIM P in standard tuning...Another World was the MIM drop tuned...and Here was my Hwy 1 Jazz in standard tuning....

That's also my wife singing on everything...:D

8. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You should be a very proud man!:cool:

Back on topic, that bass is a heck of a great deal for someone. I wouldn't mind it myself.:D

9. K-Frog

K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Awesome looking bass

I was wondering if you were so lucky...

10. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I am a very fortunate and blessed man....

thank you very much...ya...this thing smokes so come on somebody put me one step closer to a DJ5:bassist::hyper::D

11. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    What's the string spacing at the bridge (sorry, I just sold my DJ5)?

12. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    19mm....but adjustable down to 17.5mm

13. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    i also agree with others, you are a great bass player with good groove and good tone, your band reminds me a little of Leigh Nash or sixpence none the richer as well as maybe the older plumb stuff, but you guys have a little more modern edge, do you guys have a CD out, i would buy it, anyway if it was me, i would get the ATK i like the tight crisp tone it has, i compared it to a stingray 5 HH last week at guitar center, and not only did i think it nailed the stingray tone but also the neck and fret job were nice it had absolutely no fret buzz at all no matter how hard i played, unlike the Stingray 5 that did have fret buzz, but it was still nice, anyway, for a bass that price, it had allot of good tones in there i was shocked at the quality and sound of the ATK it was a very solid bass it felt like it should cost more., i just wish they made the ATK750KA in a five string, now that would be killer, anyway that is my 2 cents

14. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Hey, thanks for checking out my band. Great comparisons. We love both those bands/artists. We do have a CD available. It's for sale on our myspace or on our website. $6 I believe. As for the ATK, I've heard a lot of great stuff about them, but I'm really only gassing for a Lakland DJ5 right now. If this one doesn't sell, I won't be too upset. It's a great playing, awesome sounding bass. The new pickups and pre-amp have this thing smoking. But alas, I just want another Lakland. :D

15. lovenotfear

lovenotfear

Aug 15, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    sorry about the atk post i ment that for a post Dr cheese put up, but i somehow how got it confused with yours, but still i must say your band is awesome

16. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ahh...makes sense now. :D no worries. Thanks again for checking out my band.

17. Thursday

Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    you can give it to me. Bump!

18. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    These things sell new (and that's if you can even find one) for $500-600. That is bone stock. Buy this on at $25-125 lower than list and get 2 pre-amps (new and original) and 2 sets of pickups (new and original). I have over $200 worth of electronics in this bad boy and it rips. I'm losing money on this but I really really want a new Lakland.

19. Dr. Riddim

Dr. Riddim In Memoriam

Mar 2, 2002
    Tampa Bay, FL
    So the MM pickup dropped right into the existing rout on the bass, and so did the J pickup? The only material that had to be removed anywhere on the bass was on the pickguard? Did you do a good enough job on it that the pickup cover can be taken off, or is the pickup cover kind of necessary from a cosmetic standpoint? I don't mean to cast any aspersions on your abilities, just trying to get a handle on this since I don't like pickup covers.:bag:

Thanks
    Bill

20. zachbass02

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN

no wood was taken out for the J pickup and MM pickup is perfect fit as you can see in the pics. the pickup cover can be taken off...but it doesn't look the best. the route is pretty big around the pickup. I would suggest calling Jennie Pickguards to get a new one made if it would bother you. I have it off right now, and I don't mind it. I can get some pics if you want...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 16, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.