Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort GB99B?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fong249, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Does anyone know anything about the Cort GB99B?
    http://www.cort.com/basses/gb_series/index.html
    Or anything about the "GB" Series in general? Looks pretty darn sexy and my GAS is fuming up the whole house...

If you happen to own any of these, could you post a clip? Ty.

2. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago. No one seems to have any idea. When you do a online search, only foreign sites come up. I wonder if it may be a model made specifically for overseas retailers.

I have been gassing for a gb75 for a while now. The kicker is that (based on musicians friend pricing of cort curbows)they would probably retail for around 500 bucks and they look like kickin' little basses for the cash.
    Anyone else have any info...

GC carries cort now, you could see if they could special order on for you.

3. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I mean... I dunno if i could ask for more in a bass. Maple neck w/ block inlays, jazz styling, jazz pu's, and a burl body. i think it'd go for around 650 for the GB99B.

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    The 99B is a decent bass for the price. The construction is OK, and the available features for the price makes it a nice value.

BTW, for those who don't know Cort makes guitars and basses for companies like Fender and Ibanez (including their higher end imports) and I imagine the quality is similar.

I have a Cort Artisan NA4, and for the price the bass is amazing.

5. Yeh, I played one in the local music store, really nice bass. Ended up buying the GB74, but wish I have bought the GB99. Cort's had some of the nicest necks you will play.

6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Ok, the only one who owns a GB lives in England. Maybe GB stands for Great Britan?

7. I own a Cort Artisan B4 http://www.cort.com/basses/artisan/b_index.html#b4 I have to say out of all the asian basses I've seen / held / played or owned. It is by far the best fitting of pieces. And the licensed components that come on the are quite nice also. I got mine from a local dealer.

He could probably order it in or give you a price quote. According to him he is one of the larger Cort dealers in the US. Via return customers on Ebay and online sales. I could get his info if you want pm me on yahoo if possible. Same s/n if you're interested.

8. The GB74 is just as nice and I think nicer since its made of ash instead of basswood. IMO you got the better of them.

9. Meehaw

Meehaw

Jun 11, 2003
    Gdynia, Poland
    Agreed. I played both yesterday and liked the ash one with a single and mm pickup much better since it had more sound options and I got much more low end from it.

10. Played heaps of them but only is music stores, love everything but the electronics, which is perfect cause i want a bass to practise dopping new electronics into!

11. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia