1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cort headless bass in pawn shop

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 1FATDAD, Feb 24, 2008.

1. 1FATDAD

1FATDAD

Jan 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Whats one of these worth? Tuners licensed by Steinberger on body. It has some dings and needs cleaned up a bit but fun to play. Im thinking real hard about buying it. Anyone playing one of these?:rollno:

2. I played one for a while that had a P/J setup. It was VERY bright sounding, but could be controlled with the tone knob. The j pickup hummed a bit like normal, but the overall sound was pretty nice. Obviously, this bass balanced way better on a strap, and because of the small body, the first fret felt very far away. On the other hand, playing in the very high registers was extremely easy and felt great. Strings are a little bit of a pain because you need the double-ball end ones.

3. Rossman59

Rossman59

Apr 23, 2007
    Evanston, IL.
    I've been monitoring these for a couple of years on ebay and actually own one.

Most are pretty beat up and / or trashed and go for around $100. Nice ones can top out at $300 but Cort generally seem to have a pretty weak resale value so I'd say try to get it for under $200, maybe a bit less than that.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    We've a few of them here.

One has maxed out truss rod, used for parts.
    One has maxed out truss rod but was made playable.
    One has truss rod that still works and is almost like new(fretless from Japan).

Good luck.

Pricing given above by others is correct.

5. 1FATDAD

1FATDAD

Jan 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Ya snooze ya loose. That cort was gone at 10am. for $110. I know I should have jumped on that one. Someone should start a thread on "The one that got away". Ouch!!:bawl: