Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cort Masterpiece Series.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Not quite sure what gives. Every now and then i will see the exact A5 artisan series bass i have at guitar center, and curbows i see freqently. I absoultly love my A5, which i got at a hell of a deal $350. The price i see at guitar center for a used A5 in worse condition then mine $800! If you can get a deal on one of those masterpiece basses, jump on it,.... If you ever see one. :meh:

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    You got an A5 for $350?! Wow! :bassist:

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Wow, those are pretty expensive by Cort standards, there's very stiff competition at that price point.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Yeah, I think people are going to have a problem paying $1k+ for a Cort.

6. Unfortunately, it's the same as if "Hondo" turned around and took a serious stab at luthierie...or "HARMONY"...I never really considered Cort a brand more than a name slapped on an anyman copy line... the stigma is already in place...
    funny. I was thinking this after hearing an ad just this morning: how it's hard to shed this stigma in the musical instrument industry, yet in electronics, Samsung and Audiovox are highly regarded now (phones/ monitors / car audio), whereas 15 years ago, they were discount store name-slapped on trash boomboxes...

7. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    If these play anything like my Curbow I would pick one up.Who cares what the brand name is anyway, if it stays in tune and you like the feel of the ax then buy it.

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hmmm.. Nice looking basses but I'd have ahard time paying anywhere near that much for a Cort...

Of course I say this having no direct experience.. I might easily change my tune if I had the opportunity to play one...

:meh:

They look beautiful.. Love the burl poplar..

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Mon Rominee, hit the nail on the head. Cort is seen as a low to mid level brand. High end Corts would probably have an even harder to getting moved than brands like Ibanez and Peavey that also have budget reputations.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I remember when the Cirrus basses first came out. They were asking 1200 - 1800 for them. That didn't last long.

11. Aren't they still asking those prices? :confused:

I've been hearing good things about the Cort basses recently, but I've never seen one in a store...

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I've been seeing them for 1100 and less. As for the Corts, I think they're fine basses.

13. New? If you don't mind me asking, where?

14. Couldn't have put it beter myself. I definately think, that between the basses on the provided Cort link, and a Warwick Thumb Bolt-On... well, you get the idea. ;)

-ryan-

15. those look really nice. i wouldn't have trouble spending $1,000 on them if they saved me from spending much more for the same level of quality.

of course, i was also torn between an ibanez BTB510e for $900 and a sterling for around $1,100. most people wouldn't consider the ibanez at all.

for me, it's all about the tone -- if they sound great, i'd look at buying them.

robb.

16. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I'd get one except for the fact that they're only offered in 4 string models. ???? Dont understand that, it totally eliminates the ERB guys.