Corto Bass by BirdSongGuitars / Landing Basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sammy Camden, Jan 22, 2006.

1. :cool: Does anyone here have any knowledge, experience, etc., concerning the Corto Bass by BirdSongGuitars?

Also, the same thing concerning the Landing short scale basses?

I'm really determined to find a nice, quality short scale bass that I don't have to mortgage the farm for.

I don't really care for any of the Gibson/Epiphone models, or the Fenders. Alembics, and others such as that are simply way to expensive for this old man to afford.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There have been several threads about these recently, do a quick search. You might also consider Barber or James basses. Or FBB if 32" scale is short enough for you. I think all of these start around $1400 and go up as you add options. Landing seems like the best "bang per buck" starting around $1200, if you like the aesthetics of them (I ended up chosing FBB for aesthetic reasons).
  3. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I tried to start a Landing thread recently.

I own a Landing Bass. It's a Fantastic bass. Superbly built, sounds and feels great. And, the builder is one heck of a nice guy. I enthusiastically recommend a Landing for someone looking for a quality short scale.
  4. :cool: Thanks. I did a search before I posted and got nothing. I must have typed it in wrong or something because this time I got quite a bit. Not much on the Corto Bass, though.
  5. dunamis

Aug 2, 2004

I own this bass:

32" is my favorite scale, and (as you know!) quality basses in medium and short scale are difficult to find. Jimmy Wilson is indeed a great guy to work with. His finishing work is just impeccable. I wanted a very lightweight bass-- this one weighs only 7 lbs 5 oz. It's one of my favorite basses and usually the one I grab when working on new stuff at home, just because I find it so comfortable.

Best of luck to you!