1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cortobass review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millard, Jun 7, 2005.

1. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I've had my Birdsong Cortobass for over 6 months now and have played it and practiced on it constantly. I absolutely love it and spent more time than I had anticipated writing a detailed review of it with pics and sound clips.

If you are interested, you can read the review here. I put a brief one here at TB in the Gear Reviews area also with a pointer back to the longer one.

Millard

2. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Hey Millard,

Great Review! Complete with sound clips. I stumbled upon these basses when I was looking to have a custom made but was a bit skeptical. I just revisited their website and it is a lot different than the last time I was there.

Nice to hear you have an instrument that fits you perfectly! There is no happiness like that happiness. :smug:

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    The Corto(short in english) Bases looks very nice,but i don,t like short scales basses,i like most 34,most,most 35 and my favorite 36 in some models with is available. :bassist:

4. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a labor of love, of sorts.

I completely get the big, throbbing bass thing, but damn if this thing isn't playable as all get out. Almost as easy to play as a guitar.

I've ordered a Corto GT as my "backup". :) Had to sell some stuff (and still have to sell some stuff) to cover that.

Millard

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Nice looking basses. Great review, loved the clips, very comprehensive and well done. I don't like it when somebody's "listen to this instrument" clips turn out to be bits of a poorly recorded, terribly mixed song with 4 other instruments you don't want to hear.

Great job!