Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cortobass review

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millard, Jun 7, 2005.

1. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    I've had my Birdsong Cortobass for over 6 months now and have played it and practiced on it constantly. I absolutely love it and spent more time than I had anticipated writing a detailed review of it with pics and sound clips.

If you are interested, you can read the review here. I put a brief one here at TB in the Gear Reviews area also with a pointer back to the longer one.

Millard

2. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Hey Millard,

Great Review! Complete with sound clips. I stumbled upon these basses when I was looking to have a custom made but was a bit skeptical. I just revisited their website and it is a lot different than the last time I was there.

Nice to hear you have an instrument that fits you perfectly! There is no happiness like that happiness. :smug:

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    The Corto(short in english) Bases looks very nice,but i don,t like short scales basses,i like most 34,most,most 35 and my favorite 36 in some models with is available. :bassist:

4. millard

millard

Jul 27, 2004
    SoCal
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a labor of love, of sorts.

I completely get the big, throbbing bass thing, but damn if this thing isn't playable as all get out. Almost as easy to play as a guitar.

I've ordered a Corto GT as my "backup". :) Had to sell some stuff (and still have to sell some stuff) to cover that.

Millard

5. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Nice looking basses. Great review, loved the clips, very comprehensive and well done. I don't like it when somebody's "listen to this instrument" clips turn out to be bits of a poorly recorded, terribly mixed song with 4 other instruments you don't want to hear.

Great job!