1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Corts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maurice ElDarko, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Just got my new Cort B4
    It's a remarkable bass considering the mony I payed for it
    It is as good if not better than my friends Ibanez Soundgear bass which he paid almost double for.
    It also has a three band active circuit which my previous bass didn't have

I also had a look at the Curbows, which seem to be popular, but I thought that the B4 was better seeing as I don't play enough slap and pop to buy a curbow.

2. isn't cort/ibanez like squier/fender..lookalikes, but a heck of a lot cheaper..

????

3. I have a Cort ACTION 5 string.

I love it seeing how cheap it was, nice tightish B string

4. I don't think Cort are anything to do with Ibanez.
    I think they are made in the same factory or something but they are seperate brands.

People often compare 'em, cause Corts are still trying to get into the market, so when you buy one you get a guitar or bass as good an Ibanez for like half the price.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    cort is not the same brand of ibanez, simply cort is one of the biggest guitar makers in the world, together with samick. they have big plants in corea and build basses and guitars for a lot of other makers. you choose good, i used to have a cort artisan 4, great bass for the money, much better than the corrspective ibanez in my opinion and do not make the mistake i made selling it, changing the pickup you'' ll have a killer bass!

6. You'll find Cort re'released the Artisan series with Bartolini pickups & eq, which I have on my new one
    They are much better than the previous version which had Mightymite pickups

I dunno if they are top-dollar Barts.
    They are called MK-1's, and the electronics are MK-1 as well.
    All I know is they have killer response especially the bridge position one!!!

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i'm sure about that, when i was saying that i regret to not have my old cort i was remembering that my idea was to chenge the pickups with the bartolini p+j. it could have been a good alternative to the emg soapbars of my main bass now.