Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corvette 4 Std. w/Hipshot, Ultra Jazzes

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by rhett, Jan 3, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    Fellow Bassists,
    For some reason, she and I just never hit it off very well after the honeymoon ended. Great bass, still in like new condition, but after I picked up my first semi hollow, she just screams neglect in my home.
    I had full intent of making her #1, but we all know that sometimes relationships just don't wind up the way we'd hoped.
    (hopefully my heart is not running down my sleeve regarding how my New Year is starting...and why I'm selling...)
    OHSC, warranty card, wax, truss wrench, and even the original MECs included just to give her a good home for only $800 (firm) plus the "extra" charges-s&h, ins, Ppal, etc.
    Lots of pix available at our band's website as soon as anyone shows any interest.
    Check my 100% pos feedback at eslay, I'm 8870026. I'll likely put her on the block in a couple of weeks.
    thanks for lookin, my bros-
    rhett

2. Are you interested in any trades? Thanks Mark

3. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    no thanks on that trade list, VW, other offers entertained.
    dropping it to $750. it's got new Elixir Nanowebs on it.

4. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
    is it fretless by any chance??

5. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    nope, it's fretted.
    dropping to $725

6. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Pics? color? scale?
    Consider trade for a Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn sig series? 3 months old. Original owner. I got it shopped from Lakland to me so nobody ever touched it at a chain store either

7. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    no thanks on that trade offer, other trade offers considered; but only basses that weigh less than 9#.

8. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I still might be interested in an outright purchase. How about pics? and more deets
    paul

9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    How about a Lakland Skyline 55-01 Cherryburst with maple board? It's mint... very comfortable, well balanced bass.

10. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    I realized that the Hipshot on the 'vette will fit my hollowbody, so I've replaced the original tuning peg on the 'vette.

The bass in excellent condition, no less than a 9 out of 10.

Their are some light fingernail only scratches around the pickups, so I'm sure they'll rub out with the next waxing. The wood grain on this thing is just gorgeous, i'll try to have photos up by late tonight, when i get my camera home.
    i'd like some deets and pics on the Laklands (but only if they weigh less than 9 lbs.) and will consider trades.

11. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'll get some more pics when I get it back from the shop. (soon)