Corvette 5 pick up who? what....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by flea claypool, Feb 7, 2005.

1. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    hi i have a corvette 5 and the mec,s are great combined but soloed not really so im thinking about changing them in the summer...
    so any body have any ideas with changing pickups on a warwick? any suggestions... maybe s/d,s?
    it has a 2 band eq which i love cause i dont like middle so i will keep that if i can.. im looking for a fat but well defined tone useful for fingers and slap? plus i want that powerful p sound up front and a bit of jaco on the rear.. am i asking too much :bawl: :bawl:
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    if you do a search you'll find a bunch of threads where I talked about this - I did it on my thumb 5.

The long and short of it: there is not one standard for 5 string jazz pickup sizing. My thumb 5 had two bridge length J pickups (3.75") - I tried bartolini, dimarzio, emg, sd pickups. EMG was my favorite of the bunch, works well with the dark woods of the thumb - if you do that you'll probably need to buy two long bridge pickups rather than the regular EMG J set - where one is 3.75" and the neck is 3.63"