Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corvette 5 with Basslines and Bartolini 2band...not happy!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by [SD], Jun 8, 2005.

1. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    Well, i recently changed the pick ups of my warwick and chose a pair of Basslines SJB5, which give me a lot more definition on the low end which is just what i was looking for but i've lost a lot of growl and i'm thinking i might consider getting a STC2 from Seymour Duncan as well. What are the tone differences between the bart and the SD preamps? And is the slap contour switch an extra switch apart from the blend ,master volume and bass/treble stack?

thanks!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The SD is a bit more hifi compared to the Bart preamp. That's more to do with the high end though.

I'd generally associate growl more with mids, and when I look at the tone specs for the sjb-5 pickups on basslines com it seems like they have a scooped sound.
    So, I'd say the issue is probably more to do with your pickups than preamp. Either investigate other pickups, or maybe a 3 band preamp would help counteract the scooping.
    And to answer your other question, the slap contour is generally on the master volume pot by default.

3. [SD]

[SD]

Feb 24, 2004
    thanks! i can't get a 3band preamp whouth drilling a whole in my warwick, i'll try some more EQ tweaking with my amp and see what results i get!

4. Any update here SD? I'm kinda curious myself as the Duncan pickups are on a short list of possible replacements for the MECs in my Warwick. But, losing growl is not an option :)