Corvette and waxing?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wyman, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Wyman

Sep 5, 2004
    Nashua, NH
    I'm very much considering getting a Corvette Standard 5, but have a question about the finish and waxing it. If I don't regularly wax it, will the wood like start to split? Or will it just sorta get faded in spots I rub my fingers against? I'd like it to get faded from use, so I won't wax it probably...but if the wood will split if I don't wax it, I'd like to know lol. Thanks!
  2. I don't think that the wood'll crack, but it will be discolored on the spots you touch with your hand/lower arm.
  3. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I never wax. I'm too lazy.

4. On my Streamer I don't wax that often, but I find that where my arm rest on the bass, the finish gets shined up pretty nice. I am a big fan of matte or oiled basses so I am intending to re-matte the finish up a bit.
  5. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i didn't wax my thumb for yrs cause i didn't play it and there's nothing wrong with it. it will look a bit dry but if you wax it again it's fine.

i wax it once a month and after gigs, those sweatspots are a sob to get rid of.
  6. Wyman

Sep 5, 2004
    Nashua, NH
    Alright; thanks a lot for all your input :) I read on (I think) harmony central that the wood splits if you don't wax it, but you guys kinda out-number that one review :D