Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corvette Double Buck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metallutca, Jun 3, 2005.

1. metallutca

metallutca

Dec 18, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hi fellow TBers,
    I'm getting a warwick corvette double buck soon. Any one own or tried it? Any opinion on this this bass? How does it sounds or play? I'm from Malaysia and there are no Warwick distributer here. Just want to know what you guys think.

Thank you. :smug:

2. Lord Fender

Lord Fender

Jun 2, 2005
    Its a great bass, so many tone options.........ALthough I am not a fan of HH

3. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Consensus among the TBers who've tried a DoubleBuck is overwhelmingly positive. The swamp ash body makes the DoubleBuck lighter in weight than your average Warwick, the coil tap switches and dual HH setup give loads of tonal flexibility, and I've heard that the neck is easy playing for a Warwick too.

I dare say it's one of the better Warwicks to come out in recent years. There was one at the East Brunswick GC in NJ, and while I didn't get to play it, I saw an older gentleman playing it and it sounded fantastic.

I tend to get scared off by loads of knobs on a bass (I'm more of a simplicity itself/set-it-and-forget-it/get more tones from my hands than the electronics kind of guy) so I'm not really GASing for a DoubleBuck, but in the right hands, that bass can be an absolutely splendid monster.

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I haven't tried one of the double bucks yet, but I have played a corvette fna jazzman, which has one of the big mm pickups in it.

Other than the ultra narrow spacing on it (5 str), the sound was awesome IMHO. I know the spacing isn't an issue on the 4. I wasn't too impressed with the neck pickup, tho, so I'd imagine these new DB's are GREAT values in the Warwick line. They're on my GAS list.

5. I played a Double Buck at Guitar Center, and it was cool. Interestingly, with those two big pickups and all the knobs, my favorite sound from that bass was a super-J tone with the bridge pickup soloed. Snarly!

6. krazy_olie

krazy_olie

May 10, 2004
    I've played the 5 string one really great sounding, loads of tonal options. You can get some really deep rich tones out of it ass well as bright slap tones. It's the switches that are the cool thing you have effectively have 9 pickup configs as there is a 3 way switch for each pickup.