Corvette FNA Jazzman 5 - early 2000's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sneauxman, May 1, 2018.

1. sneauxman

sneauxman

Jul 14, 2017
    I'm looking into the Nordstrand big blade man MM style pickups, and thinking of putting one into my older Corvette FNA. These pickups are sold in 14" and 20" radius, but looking up Warwick's specs on this model - they don't provide radius.

Has anyone added radius type pickups into this model and have general guidance into which size would work better?

en/Warwick---Basses-Made-in-Germany--FNA--FNA-Jazzman--4-5-string--Features.html

2. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Print this, cut it out. Helps if you can print on thick paper, or stick it on to some thicker paper.
    Free fretboard radius gauge printout from PickGuardian

Might want to check both your fretboard radius and the actual radius of your strings, at your preferred action height - low B strings are usually set higher than high G strings, so the radius of the strings themselves are often flatter than the fretboard.

sneauxman likes this.
  3. sneauxman

sneauxman

Jul 14, 2017
    Thanks for the quick reply. Let me give it a read!

4. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Also - My guess is that these pickups are more sensitive to radius differences than most, since this is the only set that Nordstrand make in different radiuses. So I'd go with your string radius measurement here.