1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Corvette FNA LTD. 2004

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by toff24, Mar 22, 2006.

1. toff24

toff24

Mar 22, 2006
    Hello everybody I seach all information and opinion on this bass thank you for your response:)

2. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    warwicks are great, and the vette your talkin about is no exception. they look great, play great, and are pretty vesatile in my own opinion.

3. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I still regret that I sold mine...

4. toff24

toff24

Mar 22, 2006
    why? can you explain me how the pull knob (mid and bass knob) work?

And have you tried a FNA "classic" and what are the diffrences between them?

thank you :)

5. How about you Warwick 5-string owners... Are Warwick 5-string basses all 35" scale? How are they on the balance/neck-dive issue.

6. toff24

toff24

Mar 22, 2006
    ????

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    My thumb bass has neck dive issues, but it's not too much of a problem for me. I'm not %100 on this, but I think only a couple Warwick 5-strings have a 35" scale...

8. I've got a Warwick 5-string Corvette FNA Jazzman fretless, (since last November), and it feels great, sounds great, and has no neck-dive. The "push-pull" nob on mine is a switch from "active" to "passive" electronics. I'm lovin' it.:bassist:

9. Ah, sorry tof didn't see this thread. Here's what I pmed tof about my 2004

the bass knob pulls to cancel the rear coil of the Twin J pickup.
    The mid knob pulls for mid shift (changes the mid frequency center).

I think the mid controls are around 450Hz & 750Hz. If you want to cut your mids you could just turn down the mid knob, but both of these frequncy settings of the mid knob will cut the mids. One in higher end one in lower end of mids. Depends on what type of slap contour you want. But the EQ on this bass is very dynamic. The electronics are arguable the best Warwick has ever done. They can be hot though. It was difficult to record with in the studio in a quiet mix. Adds a lot of personality and snap in a noiser mix.
    This is the my favorite bass tone ever. I put it up with and personally like it more then the Victor Wooten Fodera, Zon fretless, alembic series II and streamer stage IIs i've played. It has a very mellow sound when played quietly, has a warwick bark/growl when you dig in and play hard near the bridge, and has a lot of snap for when you play slap bass. This is mostly attributed to the swamp ash body with Koa top. It's hard to get a fender tamed passive sound from this bass. This bass does not have as prominant mids as other warwicks.
    It's comfort is meh. I like that the bridge is adjustable and set it up for 17mm string spacing because that's what i like, but the neck is thicker and it has a short horn (like all warwicks except streamers). It doesn't have neck dive but it doesn't balance as well as a fender design or something with a bit more of a horn extension. It's extremely light and actually is my lightest bass. Weight is never an issue for longer sets.
    The woods are top quality. Warwick has been sitting on these for a while. Satin finish makes these significantly easier to maintain than other natural finished warwicks. You won't get those annoying thumb stains from sweating with proper care. Also I think the neck is slightly slimmer than most warwicks but i'm not sure.
    If you can buy it, i'd recommend it of course. It'll have quality resale value and I'm sure it woulldn't be an issue to unload if you ever decide you want something else.

10. I also want to add that the construction is great on these instruments. It has black hardware even in the back and has a great solid neck connection. This is the only bass I have without a dead spot. I think I got lucky with mine though. I know #1 stays in the warwick museum, #2 goes somewhere in Europe, and the rest are just distributed. I got #4. The KOA figuring is rediculous on mine and unfortuatnely these pictures don't do it justice.

[​IMG]