Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Corvette FNA

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by projectBdaddy8, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Does anyone know what the list price and street price for teh FNA was before it went out of production? Also, does anyone know if there are any major design flaws that caused warwick to stop producing them?
    -Bryan

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not sure about new pries, but for reference I picked up my '98 FNA used for $600. I also saw another used one last year for about the same, but it wasn't as nice as mine.

I'm quite fond of it - and it's the only Warwick I've ever been able to love!

3. I think that they stopped making them because of the glut of single-p/u basses flooding the market at the time. Rumor has it that the FNA and Streamer ProM will return by 2005.

4. WATCHTHECHORD

WATCHTHECHORD

Oct 28, 2003
    NewYork
    I must say, that i too purchased an FNA JazzMan used,(2002 Model) in pristine condition, and boy is this thing sweet, the different tones that one can get from this bass is truly nice....u will enjoy it if u get one.By the way the site states 2 grand, but street price is more like 1,600 for it new, i paid 900.00 dollars for mine, and like i said, it is in pristine condition, so the condition will determine the price...the guy i bought it from used it about 5 times as he has 19 other bases to choose from, so figure around 600-900. Good Luck!

5. EBMatt

EBMatt

Nov 21, 2003
    Springfield, MA
    I think (and this is only a guess) the only reason warwick stopped production of the FNA was because the FNA Jazzman had the same MM style pickup and the same preamp, but had an added J pickup. They both were made of the same woods too. I believe they were around the same price also. So what I'm getting at is I guess they might have stopped production because the FNA Jazzman had everything the FNA had plus the versitility of an added J pickup for probably a little more.

I have an FNA Jazzman (2002 LTD). I like it alot. No problems.