Corvette Proline vs. Corvette FNA jazzman

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rygelxvi, Feb 10, 2003.

1. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    I tried a proline today and liked it alot. I would love to try a jazzman but no one carries them around here. Now the jazzman has a MM style pickup and a single coil. You can switch between a 2 single coil or just the MM pu, which is cool. You can't switch from active to passive however, which is not cool. The proline has a mec preamp (as i said i liked the sound of the proline allot) and the jazzman has a basslines preamp. Now does anyone know how the jazzman sounds? or how it sounds compared to the proline? is their a significant differance? and has anybody tried a sadowsky pre (i have an outboard version I use with my fenders)with a warwick? thanks for any input.
  2. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

I had this beauty for 2 years now, it sounds really good, i use it for slap and two hand tapping gigs, but now i'm selling it to get a nice 5 strings, but i'll go for the Jazzman over the Proline, i have played both basses and the Jazzman is a lot more versatil bass:bassist:
  3. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina

What is up with those inlays..they look cool. I am guessing they are custum?

ohh man these smilies are great.
  4. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Nope, i maked them myself, check out my thread "check out this beauty" and you'll see the instructions:D
  5. Well, the Proline is the best Warwick I've played, which includes the Thumb BO, Streamer Standard, Fortress, and Dolphin 5-string (although this was nice, but I'm not a 5-string person). I'd like to try an FNA Jazzman or Streamer Jazzman someday, but damn Guitar Center never has the cool Warwicks in stock.:mad: :bawl:
  6. farboozle

Apr 18, 2000
    Fairfax VA
    I own a proline 5 string, which I love the sound of. I found playing one of the limited edition 4 string jazzmans in the store, I liked it even more. However, it might just have been the little extra in that bass.

I find prolines often get a bad rap around here, but I really like mine. Understand though, that I'm not looking for an every-tone bass, just the tone and feel I want the most.
  7. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    :bassist: Heh...

I personally have always thought that the Jazzman was an overrated bass. If you want versatility, get an MM Sterling. That's what I did!

Anyway, my local GC just got in two identical Ocean Blue Proline basses, and every time I go in, I just have to pick one up and play! In my opinion the best sounding Warwick I've ever played (and I've played all but the less common Infinity, Tower and Dolphin series basses). If I find a deal on a Proline, you can bet I'll snatch it up!
  8. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    As I stated I like the prolines allot. But I guess what I'm asking is will I get the proline sound out of a jazzman in 2 single coil mode?