corvette standard or thumb bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FuegodeX, Jan 27, 2001.

1. FuegodeX

Sep 16, 2000
    im looking to buy a new bass and i was in the market for a warick corvette standard, but i was wondering if i should save my money for a little bit and get a thumb 4 string bolt on. any body have ideas on what to do, or which bass is better?
  2. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    "Better" is subjective to a great extent,they are both good instruments IMO. I Tried both the Corvette Standard 5 and the Thumb Bolt On 5 in Nov. and decided to go with the Thumb 'cause I dug it's unique sound.I'd suggest spending some more time with each to get to know them better.
  3. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    FuegodeX: It all depends.. Try them both out. Everyone has their own favorite sound, feel, playability, looks. You can goto people's website and hear what it might sound like. but that only tells you a piece of the pie. Everyone's playing style, use of equipment, amp/cab will differ sounds.. so if you do try it, try with a amp/cab that you currently have, or something close to it.. Or you want, bring your amp over and try it(If you don't mind). YOU are the one thats gonna buy it/have it.. so YOU should be the one that should try it out.. To see if you like the feel/sound/playability of that bass ^_^ warwicks are terrific basses! Give them a try and you might find one that you like! Good luck!

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    The Corvette (bubinga/active) is definitiely deeper sounding than the Thumb bass. The Thumb bass is definitely lighter than the Corvette. I battled with the same question and wound up bying a Corvette. I hear lots of complaints about the feel of the Thumb bass, and see lots of them used for sale. I don't think I've ever heard anyone complain about the Corvette (except me about the weight), and I rarely see them for sale.
  5. akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    I have a corvette 5 string std. It sounds really good. But it really matters what kind of sound your into. Corvette is a little punchier imo....the thumb bass has good sound, it has a little more of the signature sound of warwick..