Corvette standard

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dave_clark69, Dec 9, 2003.

1. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I am getting a warwick corvette standard soon. I was wondering if there is any preffered string for that instrument. I play mainly rock. e.g. led zepp sabbath, RHCP. Another point is that price is basically no option (well unless they are made from gold)
  2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    I use Rotosounds on mine. 45-105. RS66LD.

3. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    DR Lowriders or Highbeams. I like Lowriders for rock a lot, they will sound very good on your Warwick.
  4. scottlee

Feb 17, 2003
    If you are getting a 5 string warwick - you will need a set of strings with a tapered B string if you don't want to modify your bridge.
    I put D'addario slowounds on mine - I am so happy with them, I used to always try different strings but now I just stick to slowounds on the Corvette. My favourite part about them is that they are so even from g down to the low B. They also seem to last a lot longer than say XL's.

Just my 2 cents, whatever sounds good to you.

5. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Whatever sounds good to you is right! I tried Roto's, Slowwounds, and all DR's. I just like the DR's. The Slow wounds are very very smooth, I like them, but I play a lot of rock so I opted for the more agressive DR Lowriders. Roto's are cool too but they wear out too fast. I would say Slow wounds are great for jazz and blues because of the smoothness, but DR Lowrider or Highbeams are perfect for rock because they help me cut a little more through the live mix. If I played nickel strings I would play Slowwounds for sure, but I like the aggressiveness of stainless steel so I got to go DR's....there's my 3 cents:bassist:
  6. I have to jam my dr hi beams into my 5 string corvette standard. It's a pain. I was actually coming here to ask what to do but it seems like that is just a bad bridge idea. I'm thinking of modifying the bridge.