1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Corvette vs Precision..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flipper43, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Flipper43

Flipper43

Sep 7, 2009
    I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death. But, I tried out a Warwick corvette at GC the other day, and even though I've sworn by P basses for most of my life, I liked it. I played it through SVT-4 Pro and an SVT-CL; needless to say, it sounded pretty damn good even though it was a floor model and had been used a lot by other people. I've never heard any songs with people playing them, so I don't know how they sit in the mix (the only reason I'm not completely sold on it yet)- are they in the front, middle, where? And I've recognized Warwick's for a kind of growl to their tone, would this fit well in a heavy 3 piece per say? Thanks guys. Feel free to ask questions.

2. After playing $400 price-point basses for years, I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Corvette Standard Active. I wish I had done it a long time ago. These are VERY versatile basses.
    I play in a cover band with songs ranging from 70's stank to modern pop. I can pretty much dial in whatever tone I want.

3. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
  4. ljazz

ljazz

Dec 10, 2002
    Cookeville, TN
  5. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    pretty sure that's a thumb too

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Not sure I could pick two basses from further ends of the spectrum to compare if I had to.

7. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    That song was fine until the singer got to the chorus then I had to turn it off!

8. Cannabass

Cannabass

Jan 22, 2010
    ew the string spacing looks so tight..

gimme my jazz!!

9. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    You can roll towards the neck pickup, cut the highs a bit, and have it sit down low, or you can roll towards the bridge and bring it a bit more out front. I gigged a Corvette for years and it's all there.