Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cost of painting a bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Anybody have any idea of what it would cost to have my Warmoth body painted? Something has gone wrong in my attempt to finish it myself and I think I'm going to have to get it painted.

Swamp Ash is not a user friendly wood.....

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Something went wrong? uh, This might be a bit much to ask, but can I have a "Bwah ha ha!"? Seems to be appropriate. Can I?

Got pics of the uh...aborted attempt?

3. Something has gotten in the grain of the wood. There are little black specks that follow the grain all over the body and I can't get them out. I think it is from the sandpaper I was using.

4. Not following you Brendan.....Are you laughing at my expense? Ouch, that hurts.

I have no pictures.......

5. Good thing someone else asked this question, cuz I would have done so in a day or two.
    Since my question was going to be similar, I'll ask it here. I've got a bady, painted red, butt ugly. What can I use to strip off the old paint and what should I use to refinish it? I'm assuming the wood underneath is going to look like crap, so I'm gonna repain it in a decent color.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA